Portable Hot Water / Shower Systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know about best but I have a couple. A canvas bag type, gravity shower with a pretty big rose, lasts ages, heat some water on the fire, lower the canvas bucket, fill it up and raise it, works great, very efficient, or I have one of those bilge pump type ones that has a cigarette lighter adapter, drop the intake into a black container thats been in the sun all day, or if its a hot day, have a cool shower with it. Havnt used it for a while and its Chinese made from SCA, so will check it before next use....also got a wooden shower board to stand on so feet dont get dirty while showering.(Bunnings)

I use to stick a galvanized bin (i know, dangerous fumes if it gets to hot) over a gas pot heating element.

1613379941_htb1fug8mp.jpg

Let it warm up, then use a car battery and cheap bilge pump with a DC push-on push-off switch. Garden hose and a cheap shower rose from Bunnings. If anyone remembers, it got me through the 2 weeks about 20 years ago when the natural gas plant down south blew up.

These things are expensive, but work amazing. Will also hold the heat through the night. This means a hot shower in the morning before the sun rises.

https://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35656

A 5ltr horticulture spray bottle fitted with garden hose fittings craps all over the 9v drop pump in the bucket systems you just might have to refill it for the rinse cycle :lol:

Or cut the top of 1000 ibc unit and the girls can party. I think a lot of people have seen recently on youtube the outboard motor used in a small pool as a spa. I would Suggest the girls don't invite them fellas. If water is plentifull then 60 bucks or whatever for another icb on site can be disgustingly comfortable with the cheapest battery ignition gas heater available.

There's some great ideas and links there thanks guys. I like grubstakes photo showing the two wheeler trolley with it all strapped to it. As Jaros says it could all take up a lot of room in the trailer if it was all carried there and back each time, so I figured that once I had decided on what to use we would just leave it there. But I would still want to pack it all up at the end of the weekend and lock it inside so it didn't disappear.

Attached to the trolley would certainly make it easier to wheel in and out, and the more portable it is, the less I have to keep moving it and setting it up for everyone.

In my camper trailer days I had the Joolca and mounted on a trolley. Eventually wised up and got one of the foldable units which helped manage the storage space issues. The tip I have though is to wheel the trolley as close to the shower location (with a short hose) as possible. That way you aren't wasting the water sitting in the hose when waiting for the hot to come through.

Hey Rodt, do you like the Joolca unit? Same as Deepseeker, I'm interested in a unit like this but unsure of different brands

nucopia said:
https://www.joolca.com.au/products/hottap-v2
This popped up as an add from google :8

That's funny, very timely product placement! That's the Joolca one I have actually bookmarked. I checked out one that Manpa posted too that is very similar.

I hadn't realized actually that the Joolca unit was DC battery operated, but it makes sense I guess as you wouldn't want 240V and plugs and leads running around with water nearby. It says it uses 2x D cells, so I suppose you could put a couple of rechargeable D's in it. I think the one Manpa posted actually has a Lithium rechargeable in it, so I'll have to look into it more. Car battery/ cigarette lighter use etc., isn't important to us as we have a 240V supply inside which we can use for recharging.

big brother is watching or googles logarithms are tracking activity .. ironic ..
Anyway it does look like a nice unite..
The digger and I heat water in a pot and mix it with cold water in a bucket, then use a scoop to take a shower...works for us with the limited water we take out bush with us on most trips..
One day hopefully we will upgrade the camper trailer to a caravan with an on suite .. ;)

One of those $20 ? black plastic bag showers is the way to go . Rolls up to a small size . If the water does not get warm enough , leave the shower to another day .....

brendomac said:
Hey Rodt, do you like the Joolca unit? Same as Deepseeker, I'm interested in a unit like this but unsure of different brands

Mate it was spot on.

The bit that really impressed me with Joolca were their after sales service. My unit arrived 2 days before I was going away on a Christmas trip and I couldn't get it to ignite. I sent them an email late on a Saturday afternoon and someone rang me back at 5:00pm and talked me through troubleshooting the unit. Took about an hour to discover that one of the battery contacts was a bit bent. Have never had that level of service previously or since so that won it for me.

There are others that are cheaper and others that are probably just as good (based on others views) but I always prioritise the service as everything has the potential to give problems

Deepseeker said:
nucopia said:
https://www.joolca.com.au/products/hottap-v2
This popped up as an add from google :8

I hadn't realized actually that the Joolca unit was DC battery operated, but it makes sense I guess as you wouldn't want 240V and plugs and leads running around with water nearby. It says it uses 2x D cells, so I suppose you could put a couple of rechargeable D's in it. I think the one Manpa posted actually has a Lithium rechargeable in it, so I'll have to look into it more. Car battery/ cigarette lighter use etc., isn't important to us as we have a 240V supply inside which we can use for recharging.

Important to note though that the batteries are only for the ignition so their charge lasts a long time (depends on the battery of course).

Type in Google "camp shower" - click images....many an idea there. Both existing designs and a few DIY set ups. Might give some inspiration? Then if you are feeling real adventurous, this time type in "diy camp shower" and click images. Some super awesome ideas out there. Let us know what you go with, maybe post a picture here of what you choose?

Latest posts