porcupine ridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone had any luck at porcupine ridge near daylesford? had a look around there but its such a large area its hard to know where to try ,i saw no evidence of old workings its rugged country would be easy to get lost

Gd day the area here is small with a few gold areas I have found gold there big gold to but hard to find look at maps or get the book from miners den Melbourne

1491777026_1491739135_image.jpg

Hyperdaryl18 and John you gave me some motivation to go back..
Went back today but this time with a bit of research :lol:
Nothing big but enough to have fun for the day!
Tree roots are noisy in the area.. the grammar was pretty hard target as I was not sure if the noise was from the root..
as soon as I was able to put the coil underneath the root the signal was clear but definitely not with the root on the top..
Tried my best to don't damage the roots..
Thank you hyperdaryl18 and John!
1493638199_img_2585.jpg

1493638199_img_2583.jpg

While on the subject of rooted, I was wondering if the users of the 4500 and 5000 pick up roots like the Z does. Having never owned either of the first two I have dug quite a few roots with the Z. Can be quite frustrating at times!!!
Paul13- well done on the finds, patience and persistence is certainly the key.

got the fever said:
While on the subject of rooted, I was wondering if the users of the 4500 and 5000 pick up roots like the Z does. Having never owned either of the first two I have dug quite a few roots with the Z. Can be quite frustrating at times!!!
Paul13- well done on the finds, patience and persistence is certainly the key.

No the GPX 4500 & GPX 5000 does not signal off on tree roots like the GPZ does.
That is one disadvantage of the GPZ.

Latest posts