Pommy Down Under videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr T said:
SOOTY AND SWEEP SOUNDS

Mate you should be wearing gloves

Nice video should have set up a couple of rods as well

Mr T
And a crab pot,.... you can keep everything in it down there I believe. :D

silver said:
Mr T said:
SOOTY AND SWEEP SOUNDS

Mate you should be wearing gloves

Nice video should have set up a couple of rods as well

Mr T
And a crab pot,.... you can keep everything in it down there I believe. :D

I'm not sure about pot's I know a friend puts them out for the muddy s, I think your only allowed to keep the males??
Your not allowed throw net's down here, massive fines if your caught with one.
Cheers Glyn. :cool:

Qld is male only mud crabs, and then only above a certain size and only so many per person with a limit on pot numbers too,... but I thought NSW had no size or sex limitations on mud crabs(I could be wrong though),... and I don't know how many pots you can have down there or how many muddies you can take. :)

silver said:
Qld is male only mud crabs, and then only above a certain size and only so many per person with a limit on pot numbers too,... but I thought NSW had no size or sex limitations on mud crabs(I could be wrong though),... and I don't know how many pots you can have down there or how many muddies you can take. :)

Max 2 Pots, with your full name and address on, Crabs have to be above a certain size, I've seen my mates crab measuring stick.
its probably the same rules down here in NSW as Queensland for Crabs anyway.

Pommy-Down-Under said:
silver said:

Max 2 Pots, with your full name and address on, Crabs have to be above a certain size, I've seen my mates crab measuring stick.
its probably the same rules down here in NSW as Queensland for Crabs anyway.
Yeah,.... I was going off really old info in my mind where NTers were sneaking crabs through QLD to NSW that were undersized and both sexes because they could sell them in NSW,... but they got caught going through QLD and were prosecuted for the females and the undersized crabs,... that was that long ago it must have been in another lifetime,.... good that things have changed, there will be more crabs for you all down there because of it too. :D

Goldpick said:
Great clip Glyn! I like your mini trowel for those shallow finds, and your tool pouches also look pretty handy , where did you purchase those from. :)

Sorry for the late reply, but I have not been around much lately, the mini trowel is an old screw driver with the end of an old trowel welded on it, it's very good tool actuly.
The pouch is awesome, got it from eBay electricians pouch around $20, an absolute bargain, one of my best buys.
Cheers Mate, Glyn. :cool:

Dave law said:
Great choice of music Had to watch again just to be sure i wasnt hearing things. Cheers. Dave.

Sorry for late reply but i haven't been around much lately.
You have got good ears my Friend ;)
The chap singing is Robert Stanley, his YouTube name is Ironbarkbob, he is responsible for my Pommy Down Under intro song, also Waiting for that Signal written by my wife, and others that he did for me, he is also responsible for Deep Digger Dans music intro. I am honored to call him a friend.

All the best mate cheers Glyn. :cool:

Goldpick said:
At that price I ordered two, thanks PDU for the clip and suggestion. :)

No worries mate, Yep I did the same thing, now I have found the right ones for the Deus I can buy with the confidence, ive ordered a few spares too.
Happy Hunting, Glyn. :cool:

Latest posts