Physical ailments

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stop eating members of the nightshade(Solanaceae) family (sure I read that recently in an old Grass Roots magazine).... so that includes Tomatoes, Potatoes, Capsicum, Chillies, Eggplants, & Datura.
And apparently those aching pains will go away...... I've not tried it myself yet, but, have enough aches and pains to warrant a test trial at some stage to see if it works.
And I'm only 21 this year ! ]:D

Eat what you like, drink what you like, do what you like, for we all end up as dust, pain is just part of the process.

Live life as best as you can and try to enjoy the experience.

Please note I am not diminishing the severity of pain people suffer, I have a wife with Parkinsons but we set about each day trying to get as much enjoyment as possible from the days experiences as we all don't know what tomorrow , or next week will bring.

just on 59
crushed vertebrae in my neck and lower back
left knee shot (waiting for a rebuild)
right knee rebuild a few years ago (not bad now)
right elbow shot (waiting for a rebuild again)
smoke to much
dont drink enough
overweight by 12kg
apart from that i am a picture of health
could run a hundred meters in 5 minutes no worries at all ]:D ]:D

That's a fair effort 7.62 marksman, lucky you can run at all by the sounds of it.
my missus left knee replaced two years ago, right knee totally f...ed but they won't op until after her deep brain surgery, meanwhile she got a leg that looks like a boomerang. I'd assume your left is the same.
Looks like you've still hot one good elbow to bend! :D :D :D
Me I retired 12 months ago to look after the wife and I reckon I've had more aches and pains than ever before, I'm sure working helps to keep your mind off things and keeps you going. I,m 57 and don't see how our government expects tradesmen etc to work until they're 67.
Hope they can get your joints sorted.

yes mate i still walk straight and refuse to limp :lol: :lol: :lol:
take a few meters to warm up after sitting for to long but thats life
one tea spoon of concrete per day keeps the doctor away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but it does put on weight by the cubic meter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: god i am so funny
we all get old and our young stupid years do catch up with a vengeance sometimes :mad: :mad: :mad:

7.62marksman said:
one tea spoon of concrete per day keeps the doctor away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but it does put on weight by the cubic meter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: god i am so funny
we all get old and our young stupid years do catch up with a vengeance sometimes :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah ain't that the truth, now it takes me all night to do what I use to do all night, (going to and fro to the pub) :eek: :lol: :lol:

7.62marksman said:

I walk with a limp too, but that changes when I get excited! :lol: :lol:

I'm not going to stop being an Aussie by giving away tomato sauce, hot chilli, garlic and spuds. Nor the Bourbon, Bundaberg and Melbourne Bitter.
With these, I gladly suffer my 62.75 year aches and pains :Y:
Every dietician tells you something different - that's their job, to spread confusion.
Let's face it, how many times have we been warned off a food group, only for later studies to reverse the finding.
We prospectors sweat in the heat, and yet we're warned of salt intake. Hell, my backpack is coated in salt from sweat, and without more than most I'd likely kark.
Cholesterol was once bad, now it's the good vs the bad cholesterol.
Eggs and prawns were rubbished - now they're back on health lists.
I reckon that everyone's built differently, so it's whatever works for you.

Hypertension ( High Blood Pressure ) despite been on medication condition results in extreme fatigue, if outside air temp rises above 24 Deg C i struggle to do anything. Next summer will re locate to Northern Hemisphere from November 1st to March 31st, simply can not stand heat. :( :N: :eek: :mad:

Tinitus, drives me crazy and makes detecting very hard, i bet i have missed over 1000 ounces by now by not been able to hear it due to excessive back ground noise.

At a recent work place health check Doctor informed me i have a hernia? :eek: I was 100 % unaware of this? Guess i will have to carefully digging holes when i finally get out prospecting?

A few years back, I was lined up waiting to set off on the Anzac Day march. The guy next to me, also ex RAAF and a mate, also happened to be my GP. Whilst waiting, he said to me

"Mate, you're reaching the age, where I feel compelled to give you 3 pieces of advice -

1. Don't miss an opportunity to empty your bladder !
2. Never trust a Fart ! and
3. Never ever waste an erection :). "

I feel privileged that I didn't need my Medicare Card or pay a gap for that Gem.....

condor22 said:
A few years back, I was lined up waiting to set off on the Anzac Day march. The guy next to me, also ex RAAF and a mate, also happened to be my GP. Whilst waiting, he said to me

"Mate, you're reaching the age, where I feel compelled to give you 3 pieces of advice -

1. Don't miss an opportunity to empty your bladder !
2. Never trust a Fart ! and
3. Never ever waste an erection :). "

I feel privileged that I didn't need my Medicare Card or pay a gap for that Gem.....

Sounds like the same doctor who asked me to leave my underwear at the front counter, on enquiring why, he replied I need a semen, urine and stool sample, :lol: :lol:

silver said:
Just stop eating members of the nightshade(Solanaceae) family (sure I read that recently in an old Grass Roots magazine).... so that includes Tomatoes, Potatoes, Capsicum, Chillies, Eggplants, & Datura.
And apparently those aching pains will go away...... I've not tried it myself yet, but, have enough aches and pains to warrant a test trial at some stage to see if it works.
And I'm only 21 this year ! ]:D

Won't help you live any longer , it'll seem like it though

everthing on that list is some of the best things you can eat, apart from the datura, that stuffs really really bad, only speaking from experience of seeing people who have many years ago. I used to ask them what it was like removing your brain,putting it in a frypan for a while then putting it back in. Surprisingly I didnt get much of a response.

Ha,
Just about to turn 60-

Diabetes (well controlled through low carb diet and exercise)

Tibialis posterior tendinitis (crook ankle) that requires orthotics and an ankle brace.

Could lose another 5 or 10 kg, but have lost 40.

Eyesight is stuffed, and need a new prescription as I keep lifting the multi focals to look through the bottom bit with high magnification.

Prostate is troublesome, but no cancer and responding well to medication, without the undesirable side effects ( those on combination therapy like duodart will know what I mean!)

Left hip plays up, but I dont really want to get a scan!

Allergy, drink too many Martinis (not too much rum or red wine these days)

Cant remember names or faces, but can remember a nice dinner I ate and the wines I drank 30 or 40 years ago.

I have a couple of non NHS prescriptions, so the chemist costs $400 a month.

Would like to retire but have to get the expensive daughters off the payroll!

Overall my problems are not too bad!

Latest posts