Phase Technical Videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A compilation of short outings with the 17x13" Z-search coil.
I share some thoughts on the coil, play around with settings, and show some finds.

Hi Nenad. Some time ago you said to use. Find Patch when using a 19" Z coil, rather than go into Difficult. Would there be any advantage in running it in Extra Deep as well?

Turning on patch locate in order to be able to use Normal ground type, yes definitely still recommended with any coil. Extra Deep cuts ground noise really well, but does sacrifice some sensitivity. So really depends what you are after.
I was recently working a really noisy gully with the 17x13" - reactive clays and big patches of charcoal. Was using Difficult, General and had to get my sensitivity down to about 6, but it was still a bit too much and doing my head in. I switched into Extra Deep, and it ran beautiful, and I was able to get my Sensitivity back up to 9. I knew I may miss some smaller targets, but in this instance I really preferred the smooth running. Didn't find gold, but I did dig two deep .22 leads and one shell casing, so I was happy knowing I was getting good punch.

Thanks for that info Nenad. I know what you mean about hot clay and charcoal! They both sound like deep targets at first. Some say switch it to difficult, and if the signal disappears, it's not a target. I try this, then dig it anyway.( Just in case! ) wiley.

Latest posts