Petrol Water Pumps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should work well.
Check Rato pump current price. It is +$30, but there are several people using the linked pump with good results. It will run that sluice with reserve capacity which means less wear, noise and lower fuel consumption. Also compare the claimed pump outputs, volume & lift.
Do a forum search.I can't post links yet.

for dirty water with lots of roots I bought a 1" & 2" hiddels pump set up, they are trash pumps I can run gravel up to 4mm & small roots & stuff get chewed up & run through with no damage to the pumps- been going for 4 years now & no problems at all.
Also another way to save money on pumps is to find your nearest Koshin dealer, they build pumps for the Honda factory's in japan , so Honda builds the motors for them same as a Honda 40% cheaper exactly same motor.
Pumpmaster is the koshin dealers name.

Ive got the gs16 same as yours but with spray washers i ended up getting the rato 1.5" 3hp had good reviews he put a kit together for me too with 1.5 suction pipes, 1.5 layflat and camlock fittings 1.5 - 1" reducer and pump for around 350. Saved me alot of time trying to source that stuff myself (which probably would have cost me alot more too) plus i didnt know much about all that stuff i.e right connections ect. I was tossing up between that and the thornado which is another great pump and i think they're both sponsors on here. Only ended up going rato because he was local so i could pick it up and save a little on postage and also if anything goes wrong hes not too far away... i should just add i havent used this stuff yet sluice arrived last wednesday got the pump thursday.

The GS 10 is a good little highbanker, I added a spray bar to ours, makes it work a little better, worth doing if you can.
I only use a 12v, 3700gph electric pump though, not a petrol pump, although a 1.5" 2.5-3hp pump wouldn't be bad to have.

Latest posts