Petition to stop the proposed ban on sluicing in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just become a member of another forum in the US how do I go about addressing this issue do I just add a link? Help...

Signed this happily. Its not right for them to try to stop people from doing this. its not like were going out trying to destroy the areas. Besides if they do put a ban on sluicing then what am i going to do with the sluice that we are making. lol

i think the govt would rather allow us to practice a legitimate hobby rather than engage in a buy back scheme to compensate 30,000 people for their pumps , highbankers and sluices

i think my highbankers and pumps are worth $ 6300 on commercial retail value

buy back would be terrible . imagine if the highbankers we surrended got sold on the black market and got into the hands of some unscruplulous environmental vandals ?

we dont need another Port Alfred environmental massacre

8.(

( apologies to our dear Tassie friends )

laughing and crying at the same time.....
zach-galifianakis-crying.jpg

Just checked my email...I've just realised I didn't send an email to Ryan Smith, has anyone done this and if so received a response? Has anyone heard from him on any level about this, any press releases, comms, etc?

Have had a reply back from the Hon Louise Asher MP basically saying it was a concern & also that my correspondence had been forwarded to the Hon Russell Northe MP (Minster for Energy & Resources) for his consideration. No word from the others as yet.

It seems a few from other countries are getting onto the band wagon too.
I contacted Dave Mack from the New 49er's and this is what he had to say,...

Sorry for this delayed reply, Brad. Our season is in full swing here, and I am just catching up with the emails in my basket that I'm less certain what to do with.

Over here in the U.S., these Internet petitions carry no weight with law-makers, because they can be created on line without any real signature or approval from the people who supposedly send them in. I would be surprised if it were any different in Australia.

Sometimes our opponents generate these for the purpose of gaining a list of people who oppose them, actually a trick to get names and addresses of people on the opposite side of an issue. Since Internet petitions carry no weight over here, they are generally frowned upon as something with only downside repercussions.

Individual emails to influential lawmakers have (slightly) more effectiveness, and are less likely to place supporters on a list. Though I will say that over here, lobbying of this kind only seems to reinforce the lawmakers who are already on our side, and do very little to sway those who will vote against us. In any event, if you believe that kind of support would be helpful. I suggest you post a thread on our Internet forum specifically asking for support. It would be better if the thread is started by you. Then others will chime in with their thoughts and ideas.

I'm sorry to hear about the push to eliminate surface mining in Australia. I predict that will eventually happen here, too. It is unfortunate that we live in a time when there is so much support for closing off productive activity which does little or no harm to others. People have lost sight of the fundamentals which made our countries great in the first place.

Good luck with your situation over there. Thanks very much for making contact. Please let me know how it turns out.

Best wishes,

Dave Mack

I hope we are still getting more signatures regardless of location.
Cheers
Brad....

Hi all here are some emails sent to me from our MP's
Maree Edwards i like your style ;)
The response from our Minister by getting Mr Peter Beaumont to respond with what we already know is not what was asked of him, with a growing number of state forest transitions into national parks, i believe the national parks act 1975 could sneek up on us and catch us out, looks like its another email...............
I know it looks like a CIA file read but public forum and all i just yanked my name....

1403769552_scan0005-optimized.jpg

1403769552_scan0006-optimized.jpg

1403771283_scan0008-optimized.jpg

I do however appreciate the response in any case, thank you Mr Peter Beaumont for responding to me and the prospecting community, HOWEVER, this is far from over, i would like to see sluicing available in national parks, before most of our state forests are turned into national parks and the greens slip in under the covers :mad:

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog[/video]

Muse. Winning. I wonder what their stated position is on solar flares, world dimming, gamma rays and asteroids? Can't wash rocks with powered water, I tell you the world's gone mad.

I saved and printed the replies you have DWT , i am too tired to read them now after a very long work day and missed meals , but will do it tomorrow when i get my brain back in its housing.

fingers crossed that not only will we have a win on the books , but quite possibly may have improved our position in several areas.

Maree Edwards ? , i will give her a big hug if i ever meet her.

Oh , If Maree is reading this and looking at my avatar , my hair is not really green ( thats just a bit of mould from spending too much time down the creek ) ;)

HeadsUp said:
I saved and printed the replies you have DWT , i am too tired to read them now after a very long work day and missed meals , but will do it tomorrow when i get my brain back in its housing.

fingers crossed that not only will we have a win on the books , but quite possibly may have improved our position in several areas.

Maree Edwards ? , i will give her a big hug if i ever meet her.

Oh , If Maree is reading this and looking at my avatar , my hair is not really green ( thats just a bit of mould from spending too much time down the creek ) ;)

Mate i think your in with a real shot on both accounts ;)

All signed up for the sake of my kids, these people don't realise the family benefits hobby prospecting brings to the table, we love it and will never stop enjoying our great country

parkerschnabel said:
All signed up for the sake of my kids, these people don't realise the family benefits hobby prospecting brings to the table, we love it and will never stop enjoying our great country

Well said

There is a very long list of mind boggling stuff ups by govt already

If we don't push back and remind pollies who they work for I shudder to think what they will do next

Hi all.
I know there is a Petition and i have signed it.
But just wondering is Sluicing actually banned in Vic yet?
Or are we still allowed to Sluice?

yes you can. check the Miners Rights FAQ - see link. Point 2 is relevant - your Miners Right includes sluicing ( I don't know the definition of a 'simple' sluice) and as long as this info is on the official website, you are free to sluice away. However, read the full list of notes as it highlights no-go areas that would be applicable to sluicing areas.

http://www.energyandresources.vic.g...requently-asked-questions-about-miners-rights

Edit. PS - this rabble has more than enough worries than passing / debating their silly legislation.

Latest posts