Permission to detect

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellastuff

garry
Reaction score
Are there any permissions that have to be sought when metal detecting in a park (council owned)? Or is it even allowed ? I realise that privare property needs the consent of the owners but what about crown land ? Gaz

I think that by the posts on this subject that I have read some councils say ok,some no....I think if you went late afternoon or weekends and didn't make big holes they probably wouldn't even know you had been there..use a pin pointer then a screwdriver to pop the target out and you will leave no hole..I would probably stay away from manicured lawns though...

Still Looking said:
I think that by the posts on this subject that I have read some councils say ok,some no....I think if you went late afternoon or weekends and didn't make big holes they probably wouldn't even know you had been there..use a pin pointer then a screwdriver to pop the target out and you will leave no hole..I would probably stay away from manicured lawns though...

I'll have to get me one of those pin pointer things. The youtube guys make it look pretty handy . Gaz

I agree. I tred without a pointer and wAs given a frown by a mate who thankfully ison the concil. I got a ponter. And everyone is happy now.

Set from iphone.

Latest posts