Peanuts and a Broken Toe

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bit of a read but you may get a bit of a laugh
Just a lead up to the night in question as you need to know the full story.
Pulled the nerve in my lower back weeks ago which effected my left leg, going to physio 3 days a week but from the knee to ankle all I can feel is tingling and the leg is very weak and cannot use it as the lift leg on stairs and stuff.
The other night I was having a few drinks (medicinal purpose for my leg) about 22:00 decided I would have some peanuts (nobbies of cause). Started eating and one got caught in my wind pipe so I started choking and it would not come out, then all of a sudden I could not breath started to try and yell for help then I realised I live alone and the dog was asleep could not get my phone as when I started to choke I must have knocked it under the lounge chair, so decided to make a dash for the toilet.
Route to the toilet
Stand Side step right around the coffee table (which means stepping off on my LEFT leg)
Then a straight run 15-20 metres and I would be fine.
Thats when the world went black. And I kid you not from standing up and taking that first step. I remember nothing. I think I remember that is when someone in my drink fogged brain said, Got you this time fat man ]:D ]:D
A few minutes later (could have been longer) I woke up flat on my back laying across an overturned computer chair, half in the lounge room and half in the kitchen. The dog standing over me with the look on his face that said You human are a D*&%h*&#. I sat up and pushed the chair away from me and the dog retreated to the lounge lay down just staring at me and the look said You made the mess you clean it up. Not real sure what he meant I looked around and not only the chair but everything on the computer desk was either on me or all over the floor including my desk top computer, Rubbish from the bin everywhere, Paperwork, cds, dvd, ash tray, printer you name it was everywhere.
Went to stand up and my foot hurt I had a look and the middle toe on my left foot was already starting to go black and looked a funny shape.
So now I am walking around with a broken toe and a left leg that has little or no feeling from knee to ankle except tingling.
I then remembered why I was heading for the toilet but the peanut was gone the fall must have dislodged it.
This has now put me behind the eight ball again about getting out bush as my boots hurt my toe, the way things are going I might write this year off altogether.
Moral to this story for me is DO NOT eat peanuts and drink when I am by myself lesson learnt.

just starting said:
Manpa said:
Look on the bright side, left toe rooted, left leg rooted, marksman alive and breathing!

Take care mate, hope the leg comes good.

Did you find the peanut by the way?
The dog ate it !

He is not allowed to eat peanuts they might choke him :awful: :awful: :argh: :argh:

Latest posts