Palmer River Gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a nice result there GM, 98% + very nice color also, I have noticed the variation in the color of the flakes I have found, victorian gold seems a bit duller than the northern.

Aww mate . you can see the difference even thru the Palmer...
Apparently, (I made some phone calls!) the highest recorded (mint) from the Palmer was 98.6
I am pleased that our gold at 98 proves our gold quality... only point 15 from considered pure??

I remember a well respected bloke up here showing me some gold he had found, saying it was from near Palmerville....Bullshit it was!!! ;)
Well it was nigh on 'brown' in its colour....I thought, thats not our gold, thats conglomerate gold!
Further research revealed that this gent had indeed been up at the cons, and no where near where he said the gold came from!

WalnLiz said:
Might have to send some up to Mike and see what the machines say mate. Will send him a PM and see if something can be arranged. Cheers Wal. :)

With pleasure, send me a sample and i will post the result for you :)

Cheers
Mike

Gday @Goldminer
Have you ever run any Halls Ck gold thru your XRF tester?
I would be interested in seeing how gold from our neck of the woods compares.

Bucketlist said:
Gday @Goldminer

Hi mate,
Its not my XRF unit, it belongs to Goldcompany.

Bucketlist said:
Gday @Goldminer

Hi Bucketlist

You are welcome to send us a sample for XRF :)

Cheers
Mike

Hi Gold Company, that's great, I've been wondering how Kimberley Gold compared purity wise to other parts of OZ...
I'll PM you for the details...
Cheers

Hi Bucketlist - is GoldCompany checking a sample of your Kimberley gold? I am curious :lol: cheers Jed

Hi GoldCompany - I would be grateful for a good reference that explains (in laymans terms) XRF testing - thx & cheers Jed

Gold miner said:
Aww mate . you can see the difference even thru the Palmer...
Apparently, (I made some phone calls!) the highest recorded (mint) from the Palmer was 98.6
I am pleased that our gold at 98 proves our gold quality... only point 15 from considered pure??

I remember a well respected bloke up here showing me some gold he had found, saying it was from near Palmerville....Bullshit it was!!! ;)
Well it was nigh on 'brown' in its colour....I thought, thats not our gold, thats conglomerate gold!
Further research revealed that this gent had indeed been up at the cons, and no where near where he said the gold came from!

i was told that the Gold Police Squad in W.A use spectroscopes too which is what Mike is using in the post above , and they have reference files of gold alloy concentrations so they can identify where gold really DID come from , in case of disputes of claim jumping or robberies.

the elemental composition is like a fingerprint , just like you see on CSI

Hi Jed, sorry for the delay ...
I haven't had the opportunity as yet to send a nugget to goldcompany.
Will definitely let you know when I do.
Cheers

Gold miner said:
No worries!
Its the least I could do, this is a great forum!
This is some of the best looking and coloured gold we have ever found. I'm sure the reef it came from is not that far away!
It will be very interesting to find out the composition.
gm mate you really in the right spot hope you find --it-- real soon,we all know that qld gold is the best,just like our footy team,go the maroons yeh, thanks for the info i have always believed that n q was gold laden,bulldogqld

Interesting post, ive been told that our gold is of a similar quality here in the nt, with a tiny bit of silver and copper in it.

Latest posts