Palmer River Gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just how pure is Palmer river gold?

Well its rumoured to be up there with the purest in the world??

Time to find out!

I've sent a little 1 grammer down to 'Goldcompany', to take him up on his offer to do an XRF test on the piece.

This nifty and rather expensive machine will give us a printout of the composition of the nugget, and its Au purity.

We will then post the results here for all to know how good the Palmer can give!!

What we are going to do then is get Mike (Goldcompany) to forward the nugget onto Matt (Nugget) who can put it towards a members draw prize in the future.

1367283934_p4300022.jpg

1367283967_p4300023.jpg

Gedday Neighbour, .. I reckon around the 99.40% fine mark .. Shall we start taking bets? .. Good on you for the forwarding the nugget to Nugget gesture Mate .. Love Ya, Love Ya Work! ..
The Digger

What a great looking specimen GM. Your a good man contributing it to the forum, one of our members will be very lucky to win that beauty as a prize.

Great stuff GM. I'll now let your "Palmer Nuggets" be superior to our "Tuena" nuggets. Great generosity by our Queensland neighbors and I'm sure you will put a smile on a lucky forum members' face. Good luck to you up there mate...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Gold Miner

Your Nugget arrived.
Weight
1367450579_test0212.jpg

On the XRF
1367450606_test021.jpg

Result. At 98.02 % This is exceptionally high purity gold, very low copper and iron content.
1367450636_test02.jpg

Very nice.
I have sent it back to you, you should get it tomorrow :D
Anytime you need some checked feel free to send it.
Cheers
Mike

Wow 98.02 % - now that is pure Gold Miner.
Many thanks for being so generous to the forum members - who will bethe lucky member? :lol:
Cheers
Jed

Nice results GM...and thanks Mike for the "Testing"...Ahh..GM, any chance of doing some clean swaps for our Tuena nuggets (they have real character you know). :/ ....lol...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Wal - what sort of purity is the Tuena gold?
Cheers
Jed

Thanks heaps Goldcompany (Mike)!!!!
I had a feeling it would be around there somewhere?!!
Very interesting as this gold has a more richer 'gold' colour if you will?
It would be interesting to get some gold from the other lease and see where that goes?!

Now, Mike, when you 'sent it back' did you use the stamped addressed envelope I put in there?

My Pleasure mate.

Yep I did use the addressed envelope, All good should be there tomorrow.

Good luck I hope you find the big brother of this one.

Cheers
Mike :D

GoldCompany said:
My Pleasure mate.

Yep I did use the addressed envelope, All good should be there tomorrow.

Good luck I hope you find the big brother of this one.

Cheers
Mike :D

Thats OK Mike, the envelope wasn't addressed to me, but to Nugget!!! :)

Mate where this gold came from is very close to some old hard rock mines I have on one of our leases.
I have always got good gold there by sampling, so it was time to mine it properly!
As I said, the gold is differant to any of the gold we have got out of our other spots.
Its definately not alluvial, maybe a touch elluvial... but I think the reef is very close by!

Jed said:
Cheers
Jed

The Tuena nuggets wouldn't be quite as pure as the Palmer...."However", the Oallen Ford gold is reputedly right up there with the highest quality in the country.Cheers Wal. ;)

WalnLiz said:
Jed said:
Cheers
Jed

The Tuena nuggets wouldn't be quite as pure as the Palmer...."However", the Oallen Ford gold is reputedly right up there with the highest quality in the country.Cheers Wal. ;)

Only one way to find out Wal!!! :D

Might have to send some up to Mike and see what the machines say mate. Will send him a PM and see if something can be arranged. Cheers Wal. :)

You have to show the results though!!!!
No point getting it tested and hiding the results!!!!
(I know you mob try to do that with the State of Origin.....but... ;) :lol:

Of course mate. ;) The whole of the "Forde guys would want to know. If it's not purer then we will all be buying bullet proof vests and coming up the Palmer on mass. When did you guys say you were going on holidays...??? :p

Latest posts