Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Absolutely ripping the pre decs out mate hahaha im lovin them lead seal things..very interesting. Have you pressed them into wax yet just to see the outcome? Great site man

Cheers mate :)
Youve been doing pretty bloody good yourself lately :p
Lovin what you pair have been showing us all.
Ye those things are a mystery , havent tried the wax trick
Might try to clean them up better , could help , maybe

Today I was hoping to meet up with one of the locals ,who has offered to take me to a couple of out of the way locations i have been researching.
Unfortunately that didnt happen. :(
So i went back to the same site as last weekend for a bit more of a scout around
Got 3 more padlocks (well, parts of) not sure what they were locking up. Thats 5 from here... all similar
The keg tap is pretty cool , so is the brass flower
1494754777_img_7973.jpg

A few Brittanias
1494754804_img_7974.jpg

A few silvers... a little more modern though
1494754933_img_7975.jpg

Both '38's are in great condition :Y:

Eldorado said:
Sandta,could the brass flower be a candle holder? Nice hunt with silvers.

That was my thought too
The area it came from , i believe, is the remains of a burnt down building/structure
Im sure silver could build a picture of the crook breaking in at night . Busting off the padlocks to gain entry , holding the candle flower , hot wax dripping on him , causing him to drop the candle , resulting in the burnt remains :lol:

Sandta said:
Eldorado said:
Sandta,could the brass flower be a candle holder? Nice hunt with silvers.

That was my thought too
The area it came from , i believe, is the remains of a burnt down building/structure
Im sure silver could build a picture of the crook breaking in at night . Busting off the padlocks to gain entry , holding the candle flower , hot wax dripping on him , causing him to drop the candle , resulting in the burnt remains :lol:
Your learning well young fella, took the words right outa my mouth. :lol:

Im on arvo shift again this week so thought i might go hit the local park for an hour to hopefuly pick up a few spendables.
In the course of the hunt I wandered over to a small area i havent looked at before and to my surprise came across a tiny patch of pennies and a few BB's mixed in
1494811462_img_7976.jpg

The condition of these pennies are the worst i have ever found :(
1494811537_img_7979.jpg

1494811558_img_7980.jpg

1494811578_img_7981.jpg

But wait ....
to my absolute amazement , while cleaning this lot , 2 of my BB's turned into threepences :D
That makes me a pretty happy chappy right now ;)

Latest posts