On a budget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, I was wondering if anyone knows any good sluices or highbankers for fine-flour gold for sale. I was looking to spend only around $200-250 dollars. Any feedback at all will be helpful.
Thanks youngy

youngy said:
G'day all, I was wondering if anyone knows any good sluices or highbankers for fine-flour gold for sale. I was looking to spend only around $200-250 dollars. Any feedback at all will be helpful.
Thanks youngy
Hi Youngy, recently purchased a GS16 highbanker from Sluicygold which arrived this morning (does a happy dance) although i cant comment on its performance as i wont get a chance to run it until this coming weekend, i have heard good reports on their ability to hold fine gold and it falls into ur price bracket at $230.00 on ebay.
The other good thing about them, and the main reason i purchased the 16 in particular was its size, lightweight and very portable...as i dont own a huge car im limited as to what i can take prospecting and this tucks away in the boot nicely :)

Hi youngy,

Try ebay , gumtree...most sluices will catch fine gold..
Where are you?? You might have a local prospecting supply shop.

Thanks y4k and yobskin, I am in Launceston so there is no prospecting shop near by (that I know of). I will have a look at what you said y4k and see how it goes. I seen someone out lisle when I was there the other day but I didnt want to go disturb them and see what they were running.
Cheers youngy

1433238328_2015-06-02_19.43.00.jpg

Excuse the mess lol quickly put it together so u could see if its what ur after.
y4k

That looks great mate I might have a look at GS10 just because its a bit cheaper with the shipping and that.

Hi Barry, due to a succession of events I have not had it out yet, but hoping for a run out at Oallen next Sunday. The last 4 weeks have been a succession of unexpected and family commitments. But that's how it goes.

I don't have an affiliation either but I dropped in to pick up a piece I had them build. Went out of their way to be accommodating, knowledgeable and awesome price.
There's a few suppliers out there that could definitely take a leaf.

The upside the equipment worked as stated, well built and put to good use. If there's something in mind give them a call. Had some mad ideas outside the production run scope they were very receptive.

DrDuck said:
Hi Barry, due to a succession of events I have not had it out yet, but hoping for a run out at Oallen next Sunday. The last 4 weeks have been a succession of unexpected and family commitments. But that's how it goes.
Soo you super glued your fingers to the key board again mate...? :lol:

yobskin said:
DrDuck said:
Soo you super glued your fingers to the key board again mate...? :lol:

Ha haaa !!! :D
Your a a bad bad boy yobskin ;) :p :lol:

I got a GS10 aswell.
Good unit, although, spend the extra $50 & get the spraybar model - you won't regret it.
I bought mine before they did the spraybar option. So I've modded mine afterwards.
Runs off a small 1" 2T pump no problems.

Ag Man said:
I got a GS10 aswell.
Good unit, although, spend the extra $50 & get the spraybar model - you won't regret it.
I bought mine before they did the spraybar option. So I've modded mine afterwards.
Runs off a small 1" 2T pump no problems.
Actually quite happy to hear that lol i got the GS16 with spraybars and a 1" pump but was starting to wonder if the pump was going to be enough to run it effectively (newly arrived so untested)

Latest posts