Old gold dredge beside the road, somewhere in Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundyjd

John
Reaction score
Back in the 90's we did a family trip from Canberra to Bendigo, to visit my wife's old home town and to Sovereign Hill. I can't recall where we went first or the route we took, but somewhere along a back road we rounded a bend and there was an old gold dredge sitting in a pond right beside the road. With a couple of very young kids in the car we didn't stop and have a decent look at the time, and for the life of me I can't now remember where it was.

It definitely wasn't the well known dredge at Eldorado, as I've been there since.

Just wondering if any Victorian members might have a clue where it might have been, and if it's still there?

Cheers,
JD

Thanks BigWave, that's most likely it given that we probably would have passed through Maldon on the way from Bendigo to Ballarat or vice versa.

Didn't think there was one at Marong. The one at Maldon is in the trees and right next to the road in a small pond and has a dragline - it hits you in the face driving the road. Near the Bendigo turnoff, just south of the Porcupine Flat gold mill for Maldon mine.

Latest posts