old bugger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you chaps for the welcome to the forum, I will as advised run frig, 12 volt on road, gas at night, have also small frig, in waggon, 12 volt, my power requirements are minimal on 12 volt tele, and tape player, tablet charged from ute, with the aux, battery set up, usualy have no bother, generator can be used to , if need, to to up batteries, and run alr brush set up, in more remote areas, tried to download cartoon art last night, says ""sent " to whom, and where"" I dont know, most of this technical stuff"is about as clear as mud "but I will work it out "" if I live long enough""ha ha " cheers beers and happy years CHALKY

Hi Chalkyg33, we use 2 deep cycle batt's, 1 in the car tuther in the campertrailer coupled via an Anderson plug. When on site we run a Engel 45 ltre fridge (240v as well if needed) and 160Watt Solar Panels to keep the charge up for the Battery in the camper.
When its cold we use a 240v inverter to run a double bed electric blanket doesn't chew up too much juice. If needed we have an 800 watt sine wave inverter generator. I have wired up 3 x 12v power skts around the camper as well as a 12v vacuum activated water pump. You really need all these things don't you ? :/

Hi JB
Great to see you our there. I see you are around mt evelyn. Have you ever been up Hoddles Creek way? Rough country but there are a few old workings there.

Cheers Scottlucky

Hi Scottlucky a bit late answering your question computer through in the towel I have been up to hoddles creek I found the gold to be very fine and a lot of clay hard to treat I may give it another try when the weather improves

Thanks for the feedback.
I have a mate with a winery with a few old mine sites on it. lots of junk and hard to detect. I am thinking I am wasting my time in that type of country.
I would be interested in your thoughts.

Latest posts