Oallen Ford NSW Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we all on the same page here. I was in this area where the hut is a few years back and it was always accessible to the public as far as I knew.

The gate shown here used to be unlocked and the road was allegedly a right of way.

I thought all mining leases were on the opposite side of river, but I don't know for sure.

Should clear it up before anyone enters whether the gate is open or not, I'll be out at Oallen on weekend but not here.
Mick

1485854975_oallen_ford.jpg

I went for a little trip down there last time I was around the area. If you go down Mogo Rd off oallen ford road then it's mainly private property on your left and there's a road that leads to the quarry but it's sign posted that no access into that road is allowed. To the right side is the nature reserve. All other roads were dead ends.

So pretty much there's no access to the Shoalhaven River off Mogo road at all.

Oh... I forgot to mention that the Marksman is the unofficial Gatekeeper of Oallen so if you are planning on heading down there you need to obtain his permission... Lol :lol:

7.62marksman said:
By the way i have found out who owns one of the other propertys hoping to talk to him this week to see if we can drive through to the river

Keep me posted. I think I have this weekend off so maybe we can go for a little exploring.

Mogo Rd is on the opposite side of the River where The Mint Mine is.

I was looking at Burden Rd. Looks like there is a track off that to that sandy spot across from The Mint Mine.

There is an EL that covers the whole area but its the ML's you need to be careful of. From what i remember they are after sand, quartzite and gold.
There has been a ML for as long as i have been heading out there (about 6-7 years now), though it seems they have enlarged the original lease and also started a second.

I know a bloke that was trying to contact the company about access for years with no reply :( But other may have better luck.

Again i don't want to be a downer but it is up to us to be doing due diligence before we head out to a new spot ( or even before heading out to an old spot if its been a while).

This is a great tool:
http://minview.minerals.nsw.gov.au/mv2web/mv2

Latest posts