Oallen Ford NSW Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently amassing the info for the area MBasko.
Another one to be aware of is native title claims.

Native title claims are only an issue where a "Determination of Native Title" exists.
Where native title rights and interests in land or waters have been determined to exist under
the Commonwealths Native Title Act 1993 - the permission of the relevant registered native
title body is required.

Last time I enquired (2014) there were only 2 x determinations that native title exists in NSW.
Dunghutti - Crescent Head NSW
Githabul - NE of Tenterfield &/or just south of the Queensland border

And there is one being determined at Oallen.
I have been waiting for a response from one
of the committee members for the Oallen area. :)

Thanks for all the info guys.

Knowing where we can and can not go is a tricky one. I'd like to be able to comfortably know where we can walk up/down a river legally and hit the side gullys etc

I also completely understand the frustration of local property owners. Can you imagine someone cutting through the fence at your own house and camping in your back yard!

I wish I had some information I could share on this too, but it just doesn't seem that straightforward, so these type of threads definitely help.

As we know, It is those who have no respect for others that make
it hard for we who do the right thing.

Hi all,

For those familiar with the Oallen Ford area I am wondering if you can access the sandy area opposite The Mint Mine, as can be seen in the picture below?

Are the track that can be seen private roads or are the accessible?

Cheers.
1485667499_screenshot_20170129-161924.jpg

Defiantly used to be able to get down there but I think its been locked up now, did hear someone say that there was a right of way through there via a gate but last time I looked they appeared to be locked.
I will be watching this post with interest.

If its right of way then the gates are not to be locked
Years ago my grandfather was going to his best fishing spot came across a locked gate cut the lock off a gate that was right of way long story short got charged with tresspassing by the police went to court and won the farmer was warned by rangers weeks before he could not do that
Farmer that locked the gate had to pay all cost that was back in 75 laws should not have change that much since then

See this sort of thing often while 4wding. Gates with private property signs on them across gazetted roads. Not locked though.

Rule of thumb is leave the gates as you find them.

Hi mate.

Yes that is the area.

So it looks like it is crown land but whether it is under lease is not known?

Also access may be via private property. Although it looks like you may be able to access from a gazetted road and then onto a track.

Hate to be a downer, but the land around that bend has a couple of mining leases on it. So even if you can negotiate access through the private property or walking up the river you need permission of the lease holder to be digging there :/

Latest posts