Oallen Ford NSW Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad was there 2 weeks ago. He said somebody had ripped out the sign. And there was a guy camping on the Goulburn side.

G'dAY All
OALLEN FORD ON THE SHOALHAVEN
The new singage bore these words of wisdom, if the sign is still there

CROWN LAND RESERVE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION

NO Motorbikes

NO Littering

NO Fires

NO 4WD

NO Camping

NO Vegetation Clearing

have a happy read , don't post comments on your thoughts , these are the current rules until they are revoked
just JOIN NAPFA, do it now , why, NAPFA is the voice of the fossicker in the public consultation process with government departments, if there was one with the current rules applying to Oallen Ford????

CROWN LAND RESERVE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
NO Motorbikes
NO Littering
NO Fires
NO 4WD
NO Camping
NO Vegetation Clearing

There has been onother one added
NO FUN
No i did not do it just saying is all

its likely they monitor this forum, discontent and disharmony is a tool in their favour that they may use by interpreting the posts on this forum, google social engineering, in my view a post indicating that you have just join NAPFA would be more advantagious to the promotion of fossicking I am not a wet blanket I have a humorous side too, but what's happening at Oallen Ford is serious

Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment before. I just was trying to point out that somebody had done this. Just because you remove a sign doesn't change the rules. And people who don't follow the rules are wrecking it for everyone who dose. I'm afraid that if it keeps happening they will probably stop fossicking down altogether.

I might just go their and make a BIIIIIG rock pool to swim in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColleenS said:
Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment before. I just was trying to point out that somebody had done this. Just because you remove a sign doesn't change the rules. And people who don't follow the rules are wrecking it for everyone who dose. I'm afraid that if it keeps happening they will probably stop fossicking down altogether.
PM sent

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
its likely they monitor this forum, discontent and disharmony is a tool in their favour that they may use by interpreting the posts on this forum, google social engineering, in my view a post indicating that you have just join NAPFA would be more advantagious to the promotion of fossicking I am not a wet blanket I have a humorous side too, but what's happening at Oallen Ford is serious

john, whats seriouse about it?

7.62marksman said:
I would say so mate if you stick to the rules

ok, its like this..

over a week ago I was on some crown land taking samples to take back to my sampling station 'hidden' in the bush. I just loaded a bucket of dirt in my car
and went to take off and ran into a a cop in a 4wd, pulls me over and asks me what I'm doing there. I said just having a look around (response was due to
a simular sign at the entrance). so I asked him what he was doing there and he said 'looking for illegal wood cutters'. I laughed because I'm in the worlds 2nd smallest
awd. then he said oh well i will let ya get on with ya day.

I then continued back near my station and parked car in plain view. half hour later he comes back, I'm at my station hidden watching this cop looking in my vehicle and checkin it out and then he left.

I am just panning and felt like I was breaking the law because sign says cant do this cant do that but does not say 'no fossicking'!!!!!!!!

sign says.. no removal of wood,rock or any other material.

and a small dodgy sign screwed to it at the bottom saying $1000 fine??????

At the end of the day the law is what they interpret it as
Some agencies have VERY basic knowledge and some just have no idea at all
Every now and then you will come across a ranger that knows everything :D
the best way if you are not sure is speak to the rangers (getting their names)that way it covers your a%& and copy as much information as you can and cary with you for proof if you are questioned by police as i can tell you they are NOT clued up on this sort of stuff
As they say high bankers are a grey area but we all hope that will be cleared up soon
Trommels and as you know dredging are a NO NO 8.(
As i understand the laws is that you can process all material in situ but not remove it from the area

7.62marksman said:
At the end of the day the law is what they interpret it as
Some agencies have VERY basic knowledge and some just have no idea at all
Every now and then you will come across a ranger that knows everything :D
the best way if you are not sure is speak to the rangers (getting their names)that way it covers your a%& and copy as much information as you can and cary with you for proof if you are questioned by police as i can tell you they are NOT clued up on this sort of stuff
As they say high bankers are a grey area but we all hope that will be cleared up soon
Trommels and as you know dredging are a NO NO 8.(
As i understand the laws is that you can process all material in situ but not remove it from the area

yeah I know but as I said I am only panning.

the biggest joke is..

camping vasilatys, rain water tanks, under cover tables and toilets all built in the middle of old timers workings. no where to swim either.

what sort of person would go there to camp?????

Latest posts