Oallen Ford NSW Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mate,
I apreciate that you are a new member but at the top of the page you will see a search function.
We already have a pretty hefty conversation going so just feel free to join in.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12842
I got a bit of a head ache as I seen your post come up and thought the main content had been Modded.
They are pretty trigger happy on here so, Watch It. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Especially Ramjet. :D (He hates Florins)
Cheers

Eldorado said:
I read in the local paper today that it has been proposed to close Oallen Ford rd to finish work on the approaches to the new bridge from the 17 th August to 11 th September 2015.Might save someone a wasted trip out there.Hope this is helpful.

Tathradj said:
Hi Mate,
I apreciate that you are a new member but at the top of the page you will see a search function.
We already have a pretty hefty conversation going so just feel free to join in.

I got a bit of a head ache as I seen your post come up and thought the main content had been Modded.
They are pretty trigger happy on here so, Watch It. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Especially Ramjet. :D (He hates Florins)
Cheers

Eldorado said:
I read in the local paper today that it has been proposed to close Oallen Ford rd to finish work on the approaches to the new bridge from the 17 th August to 11 th September 2015.Might save someone a wasted trip out there.Hope this is helpful.
Yeah sorry,spotted the other post not long after I posted.

Good afternoon guys am heading down to the ford tonight to set up the modified home built banker i've made. i'll take some pics whilst i'm down there in the morning and see if i can't find a bit of colour to show for my efforts, unsure of the river height at the moment but hopefully it won't be up too much and i'll be able to have a crack at it will repost some pics in the next couple of days Cheers All.

Happy Digging :)

Hi Yellowfever1986,
Welcome to Oallen, LOL
You might like to have a looksee at this. :)
Keen to see your Modifications. :cool:

Hi all,

Just a little update on Oallen. It's looking good. But that said, I've nothing to compare it too, since it's the first time I've been there.

I found some gold using a combo of my bucket sieve and Angus mackirk grub stake sluice. Love the AM sluice, so good!

I can see why a high banker is more efficient though. Some tough yacker getting through those rocks.

Anyhooo, a good day in a top spot. A couple of pics for you if you are interested in water levels and my setup. That is my 11 year old daughter by the way!

Brendo
1476004628_20161007_100237.jpg

1476004655_20161007_071534.jpg

1476004684_20161007_101518.jpg

Magic post mate.
By the looks of things it hasn't changed much on the upside of the bridge. :)
It is a top spot for highbanking or sluicing so get into it and enjoy it. :)
You have a beautiful little person there Mate and I hope you spoil her rotten. LOL
Very nice photo to treasure.

Looks beautiful down there! I haven't been there in a while.

Hope you had fun, looks like a good easy to move little setup :)

If you go downstream a little more you might find some little off-drafts you can set up your sluice in.

Thanks DropBear. Yep, it's definitely easy to move. I also scored a honda WX10 at half price, and that only weighs 5kg. So even if the river isn't flowing I can setup a little system that is still quite portable.

I guess the only drawback is that I can't get through the volume of a highbanker. But that's OK at this stage. Also, there was no problem with Angus MacKirk catching the fine gold.

I'll definitely look in some other areas next time, thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to get back there!

Hi guys and gals.

Just curious more than anything......I went for a walk up the river at Oallen the other day.....yep up the river lol and was wondering who owns that camp setup with the tin roof humpy with chairs and stuff in it......geez its a good setup, a lot of effort there.....nearly decided to climb up and sleep there for the night haha......but continued my walk instead. :cool:

I'm not really sure as I headed south from the crossing and it was on the straight section after you veer left......its a big humpy with lounge chairs and stuff you can see from the river if you are on the side furtherest from it......I dunno about distance.....a km maybe

I just sms a mate of mine i think it belongs to his brother not sure but if it is then its on very very private property been trying to get on there for a while but he is not a big fan of prospectors yet
If not then i have no idea but will ask around
I will let you know as soon as he gets back to me

About here you reckon Harb? If so I think there was an old mine in that general area,could be the cleared area below the mark.I think all that is private land now.Sorry Marksman ,didn't see your post before I posted..
1481889544_image.jpg

Person who owns that land was the one who caught people camping on his land after the fence was cut. Grrrrrr
That is what I was told.

Tathradj said:
Person who owns that land was the one who caught people camping on his land after the fence was cut. Grrrrrr
That is what I was told.
No wonder he doesn't like prospectors.Fair dinkum,who cuts a fence and camps on someone's private land and expects to get away with it?

Cool,let us know how that goes.I love the look of that sandbank on the corner of the river at the top of my photo.

Latest posts