Nz Newby alert!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya team,
The NZ metal detecting forum is rather quiet, and I am heading over to Victoria over xmas so thought I would sign up here!

I currently own a minelab xterra 305.
I have just purchased a minelab xterra 705 dual and minelab profind25 for my travels in Australia.

While in Australia I will be doing the 12 apostles tour over 10 days, although this is a family trip I am making it a journey of hidden treasure finds!

Also making a stop off to jupiters creek to try my luck for the yellow stuff!

Is there any particular rules or regulations for fossicking/ prospecting I should know about?

Also, if anyone would like to join my on the 29th at Jupiter's creek I would love a buddy to swing with! (Prospecting that is- not the other "swinging" haha).
Even if you would like to join my family and I at a beach along the way to have a hunt you are more than welcome!

Thanks team, I look forward to being part of this community.

Aidan.

Welcome Aidan, I hope you and your family have a great holiday in Australia along with some great finds. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year and safe travels, all the best.

Gday Aiden, welcome aboard, hope your trip is a great one, can't wait to see the photo's mate ! 8) ;)
Silver

silver said:
Gday Aiden, welcome aboard, hope your trip is a great one, can't wait to see the photo's mate ! 8) ;)
Silver
Welcome bro :D don't forget your jandles :p It's gona be a hot one this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcomes!.
Was alot warmer in lorne yesterday than I've ever had in NZ! I love the heat, not so much the bugs it brings with it!

Nothing to exciting yet, horse shoe, 100rupee Indonesian coin, and a bunch of trash :).

Latest posts