NSW/QLD highbanker solution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its interesting to note when reading this line of posting on highbanker solution. That all reference to any type of data and, the collection of facts, are all based on a constant. That constant been, the unbroken water supply via a motorized water pump to the banker. And rightly so, for that is all we have to go on. But we are now entering into a whole new ball game. Where not only the water action within the sluice and the action of the wash entering the sluice been altered by the new type of water delivery systems. Feed rate also is a major factor but is governed by the above, types of wash is also another consideration, all this and much more must be looked at. Any new type of banker must be portable light and easy to operate, which is the main point of any type of processing, and or system. Also keep in mind the wash action within the sluice box will be altered and will act in a much different way to which it dose in a constant.

Just my view on it all.

Jemba.

Further to my post #31....I've put a further 3 x 10 litre buckets through the sluice, ending up with about 10-12 litres of spoil out the other end.

Given the crud weather and nothing else to do, I shoved all the spoil through a 30 mesh sieve, and then spoon-fed it (literally) to the blue bowl.

The photos below are of the final residue left in the blue bowl, and a tiny specimen found therein, taken on the Andonstar (what a great little toy).

The graduations on the side of the first photo are the 1mm scale marks on a plastic ruler:

1625370490_andonstar_1.jpg

No scale on the specimen, but it was submillimetre :argh:

1625370571_specimen_-_andonstar_small.jpg

So some fine gold definitely escapes the sluice......and the blue bowl definitely catches it

Incidentally, was going to buy a 30 mesh sieve, but the price put me off....then I found this:

1625370805_splatter_screen.jpg

Three bucks at Kmart, Reject, etc. - and almost exactly 30 mesh.

Now all I've got to do is blue-bowl about another 1000 litres of sluice spoil and I might end up with a gram of gold :lol:

Mackka said:
Is the ld escaping because of the type of mat? How would it go with the Dream Mat?
Mackka

The sluice is a Gold Rat 8" fitted with Dream Mat.....the sluice is set at 9 deg. and is fed by a 24,000 L/hr submersible pump, providing good water flow and coverage over the mat.

So I think things are set for "maximum" recovery......the bits in the photo that escaped are pretty darn small.

I cannot see any of those gold particles with the naked eye, so even if they ended up in my pan from the sluice concentrate I probably wouldn't know that they were there.

I don't have enough experience yet to know whether this is a good or bad result....but I do know that I'd have to collect an awful lot of them to make any noticeable difference to my very modest accumulation of alluvial gold :)

Mackka,

Just to get the size of that gold into "naked eye" perspective, this is the patch of blue bowl residue shown in the photo above, but seen with an ordinary camera, as we would see it.

Gives you a better idea of just how tiny those bits of gold really are.

I wish it were not so :)

1625397375_gold_patch_size_small.jpg

Latest posts