NSW Highbanking - what is the current state of play?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes there is a trend towards Prospecting and Fossicking in Qld... I didn't say there wasn't. They even 'opened' up 'New' Areas that have been flogged out for years.. And then tell us the 'Good News' about promoting Fossicking and Prospecting in Qld.... Clermont GPA comes to mind....

But it will suit them when and how you do it... I used the Trains as an Example on how this Government can Discriminate against anyone they choose....

Try living with someone with Disability Issues and you will see Discrimination EVERY DAY in this 'Perfect' World.. I do.... :mad:

RE Nsw....Do you Really think they are going to Back-flip and allow pumps with Highbankers again? Somehow I really don't think so.. Once its gone its gone..... Ask NAPFA ...No harm in hoping but I have No Faith in the Powers to be anymore in NSW.... Or those who 'Represent' Us....

LW...

Question, when does a sluice become a high banker, ???? if I make my small banker attached to a tank that runs the water in a recycling mode, via a pump petrol or electric, am I in the good books or not. So you set up, then pump water to fill the sump tank, and then you just use a recycling method, for the hole day then release the water onto the ground to filter back. talking about NSW law here. :pickshovel:

junkdog said:
Question, when does a sluice become a high banker, ???? if I make my small banker attached to a tank that runs the water in a recycling mode, via a pump petrol or electric, am I in the good books or not. So you set up, then pump water to fill the sump tank, and then you just use a recycling method, for the hole day then release the water onto the ground to filter back. talking about NSW law here. :pickshovel:
It's the pumps that are illegal not the highbankers :Y:

You can use it on your own property,much as you use a back hoe,front end loader,a dredge in a dam,are you breaking the law in that case no.
People can have their dams cleaned out,no law against that. :cool:

thedigger said:
You can use it on your own property,much as you use a back hoe,front end loader,a dredge in a dam,are you breaking the law in that case no.
People can have their dams cleaned out,no law against that. :cool:
Unfortunately here in QLD you are still breaking the law even on private property.
Not sure about any other state.

Yes you could be right,not very bright up that way,there was a rule,you put,like a bag limit on the amount of gold you take each day,10 grams per day,so if you got 1oz nugget you would have wait 3 days.

thedigger said:
Yes you could be right,not very bright up that way,there was a rule,you put,like a bag limit on the amount of gold you take each day,10 grams per day,so if you got 1oz nugget you would have wait 3 days.
That's incorrect. Maybe check the facts before throwing stones?
By the way what you suggest doing would also be classed as illegal mining in Victoria. Seems you need a check up of your own states rules too :rolleyes:

Hi Mbasko Yes did check the facts,guess what you could say I was pretty right.

Read guide to fossicking page 4

How much can I take,

Fossicking is limited to taking no more than the amounts prescribed in theMining Regulation 2009during any single period of 48 hours. This includes 10 kg of mineral-bearing material, 5 kg of minerals (other than gold or gemstones), 50 grams of gold (or 5 nuggets of 10 grams or greater) or 100 grams of gemstones. Gemstones refer to Group 6 and Group 7 minerals listed in Schedule 2 of the Mining Regulation 2010 and include diamond, sapphire, ruby, corundum and opal.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I hate the name of this thread :mad: everytime i see it my hopes go up then :poop: i know it has a question mark at the end but by then its to late.
It should be renamed highbanking will never be legal in nsw again...

thedigger said:
Hi Mbasko Yes did check the facts,guess what you could say I was pretty right.

Read guide to fossicking page 4

How much can I take,

Fossicking is limited to taking no more than the amounts prescribed in theMining Regulation 2009during any single period of 48 hours. This includes 10 kg of mineral-bearing material, 5 kg of minerals (other than gold or gemstones), 50 grams of gold (or 5 nuggets of 10 grams or greater) or 100 grams of gemstones. Gemstones refer to Group 6 and Group 7 minerals listed in Schedule 2 of the Mining Regulation 2010 and include diamond, sapphire, ruby, corundum and opal.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
You were about 40% right on the overall limit for gold but 100% wrong on the 1 ounce nugget.
You could actually find 5 x >1 ounce bits (insert any weight here i.e. 10 grams or greater =100 grams, 1 ounce, 1 kilo, 100 kilos & so on) in 48hrs. Take it as being "pretty right" if you want. No worries to me & good to see you put the correct info up.
Honestly 50 grams,in 2 days is pretty good going on the smalls nowadays. 5 x nuggets over 10 grams is too but how would anyone know when you found them? I've never been asked to show my finds & I agree it's over regulated (at least in the legislation not physically).
As for your suggestion above about using a back hoe, front end loader or dredge on private land you are again 100% wrong. I don't care if people do it - not my business - but incorrectly saying it's ok or advertising you do it on an open forum is downright irresponsible.
There's my thoughts.

aussiefarmer said:
I hate the name of this thread :mad: everytime i see it my hopes go up then :poop: i know it has a question mark at the end but by then its to late.
It should be renamed highbanking will never be legal in nsw again...

Probably needs pi55ing off altogether to prevent confusion & angst?

Thanx to the government departments for killing off what made Australia, Australia!
And for ignoring our past as if it was criminal!
No true Aussie wants to ruin our country....
Yet ok to let off shore investment rape us blindly.
Like Vikings that plunder, pilfer and rape our country..
That's kool by law!!
But deny any true Aussie 99% of the chance of having a go himself!

Have a look at how dead alluvial prospecting has been over the last year or so...... Dead!
Why ..... government departments!
Dead the threads....
Dead the town's that thrived on tourists $$$
Dead is a dream taken away from every Man. that should be free to have...
And not on a grand scale for the rich with kick backs!

Latest posts