NSW Highbanking - what is the current state of play?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look on the bright side..At least you can still run a sluice...As long as theres enough water flow . :Y: :perfect:

:idea: "Snuffer bottle on a rope" :p
might be able to do some mods to my rubber ducky!
still must sqeek when you slurp your gold up but!

Metal detectors are exempt.
And allowed.
Just make sure you fill your holes in and remove
any junk.

Ship of fools said:
Tathradj said:
Also includes private land.
An inspector can access private land if he deems it fit to do so.
Now 3 people can access private property without a court order or such,
Fishing inspector,
Customs,
Mining inspector.
So if you have a recirculating sluice setup in your man cave and an inspector finds it,
You are gone.
Oh, Please do not use a torch at night for panning.
Powered equipment is illegal.
Trust me,
I know. ]:D
So then, Metal Detectors are also illegal, they are powered equipment!
Matt T

Haha not enough rain here mate...So at the creek I could use a pump to fill a 44 gallon drum that flowed onto a highbanker..Dont think I would get away with that one... :) Here in Qld we are not even supposed to divert the natural course of the water and you are still using that pumped water to wash gold/ Gem bearing material. ..Would love to see inspectors face though :eek: :goldnugget:

Smoky bandit said:
Gunna said:
Smoky bandit said:
So who's not going to run a blue bowl or cleanup sluice in there own home because it's illegal.. lol.
Do it in the bathtub you've got running water easy O:)
Only tank water for me ..So that would be illegal as the tanks have an electric pump .lol :8
Hoo yeah smoky you wouldn't want the greens on to ya for draining the environment of the green rain water tank frogs A :)

Gunna said:
Smoky bandit said:
Gunna said:
Smoky bandit said:
So who's not going to run a blue bowl or cleanup sluice in there own home because it's illegal.. lol.
Do it in the bathtub you've got running water easy O:)
Only tank water for me ..So that would be illegal as the tanks have an electric pump .lol :8
Hoo yeah smoky you wouldn't want the greens on to ya for draining the environment of the green rain water tank frogs A :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :Y:

Speaking of rain water tanks. I hear in New Zealand they get charged a fee for catching their rain water ?

Goldfreak said:
Speaking of rain water tanks. I hear in New Zealand they get charged a fee for catching their rain water ?
Get a dozer in and make your own dam.... they come in and estimate how much water you have contained, and you get charged for it! NSW
no jokes aside... when we al, go seriously sun solar.... there will be a sun tax! Kid you not!

mudgee hunter said:
The DPI mate. Out of control!
Australians where considered an industrious bunch. Hamstrung at every corner now
Couldn't have said it better.
And its everywhere. You're free to do whatever you please as long as it doesn't contravene any rule, law, legislation, signage, ohs procedure, discrimintes against or racially vilifies another, impedes on someone else's rights or freedom, and earn it in a legal manner, and be recorded whilst doing it. But you're free to do whatever you like. Honest.
*Sighs*. It's out of control.

Making it bloody hard to be a human with humanity, I don't blame society for wanting to rebel or be selfish whilst being herded like livestock. So I would never look at anyone high banking and declare them "criminals". Its just nuts.

Rant over.

Real freedom of hearing whats real and needs to be said is why "Gordon Ramsey" kitchen shows get god ratings!
He goes in in and calls it as he sees fit, no punches held back!
I think people get sick of hamstrung society. ?..
Trump will win his next election because he has a similar approach!
Right or wrong.
People get sick and tired eventually of garble. And want too hear it straight down the line eventually

Latest posts