Newby wagga

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger, I'm on the opposite side of the country but I'm guessing Wagga Wagga has similar areas to near me.

Jump on google earth in satellite mode and have a look around where you live. Look for any bushy areas or parks with bushland. I find all sorts of stuff in those places.

Have you got a river nearby with sandy banks in some spots? They are also worth a look.

Is there an old racecourse nearby? Old footy ovals no longer used?
Old schools that were closed 50 years ago and abandoned in nearby regional areas?

Just started up with a minelab vanquish 540 metal detector so far I'm cleaning up Australia on bottlecap and ringpull at a time šŸ˜ with couple tent pegs as a bonus
Can anyone suggest a good place to scan near Wagga wagga pls?
I live in the same area, council dont like you in their parkes any more, if you do only take a screw driver to flick the coins out, they cant stop you detecting called grass hunting as if you can kick a football you can swing a coil, but they can stop you from digging plugs in their parks. Just have to look on old land maps and research, we have done old areas etc and search a hole paddock and come up with nothing, need to get out where the old chinese were if you can find a police camp or chinese camp, just carry your detector with you and if it looks good go for it as wagga does not have many places to detect around the town area, when i was working a work mate got in very early and was out in the parks to 9 and 10 oclock at night, first year he claimed to get around $4,000.00 but its very picked over now as no one was doing it when he started out, we always got about $30.00 each out of young around the footy fields and park etc most times, the best coin machine is a discovery is a discovery 3300 from the selling post in usa very light to swing and paid for itself many times over, just got a nox 900 b4 christmas , cant get out at moment as got to sort out my heart problem at moment, just try footy fields

Latest posts