Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A big hello to all.
Very new to gem hunting, my way to spend more time with daughter and to get my daughter out and about and off her devices
I live on the Fraser coast and would love to hear from any one local if they know of any spots to start searching for gems/rocks
Cheers
Stuart

Hi Stu, If you’re chasing gold then Gympie or Kilkivan or even Fig Tree camp would all be well within reach. Are you into panning, detecting maybee or after gemstones? A bit more info will help members direct you better. Cheers

Hi Stu, If you’re chasing gold then Gympie or Kilkivan or even Fig Tree camp would all be well within reach. Are you into panning, detecting maybee or after gemstones? A bit more info will help members direct you better. Cheers
Sorry for lack of info, I do not have any equipment yet but just after quartz , jasper, or rocks to put in my tumbler and shine them up, I am looking for some where near by due to work commitments days trips or an overnighter is my only option, I do have a 4x4 for transport.
Regards Stu

Latest posts