newbie here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prospecting puppy

Brendan Boughton
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Brendan and i have finally bought myself a metal detector to try my luck and something ive always wanted to have a crack at. I live in Lower Plenty and have been doing a little research of the Caledonia diggings which is my closest area for gold excluding Warrandyte which i would probably stay away from unless i take the kids out for a go. I plan to head out tomorrow for my first go and try to learn the nuances of my detector. I will peruse through other threads in this forum for any info that would be helpful to me but if anyone has anything to add to point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

The detector i have bought is a minelab x-terra 705 gold pack

Thankyou all for the welcome. Todays weather up in the hills wasn't too great so not much searching done so i decided to just drive around and check a few spots out for further exploring. Pretty much checked out every between watsons creek to reedys creek and also decided to pop in to say gday to a friend in flowerdale who is going to have a chat with one of the land owners at silver parrot who has several old mines on his property so hopefully i might have a little area that may not have been checked out asmuch as the open public areas. I did find an old beer bottle from the 50's so didn't come home empty handed. :)