Newbie Greetings from Northern Rivers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

What a wonderful forum this is! Ive been trawling through the posts and have found some really great information - its nice to see members are so happy to share their knowledge.

My partner and I are interesting in starting gem fossicking as a hobby. Ive always had an interest in the subject but have never actually followed through with it - the planets have aligned and now is the time!!
I have some gemmo knowledge as I complete my gemmo course more than ten years ago, but Im a bit rusty on the what to look for side of things when it comes to fossicking.

We are based in the Northern Rivers,NSW and Gold Coast, and would love any tips of hotspots around the N.Rivers area. Also interested in areas out of brissie, but will start in NSW for now.

If anyone can link me to basic info for beginner fossickers - tool and equipment tips etc, or even links to topics about my areas, that would be great and very much appreciated - however I will still keep digging around the forums anyway until I find more info.

We are open to finding any gems and all the gems!!

Thanks for accepting me into your forums (it was a couple of months ago, Im late to post this) and I look forward to expanding my knowledge here :)

Cheers!
:)

Welcome to PA Jayteedee. A good place to start looking is around Glen Innes and Inverell. Billabong Blue Sapphire in Inverell is a place that you can fossick and camp at and I believe they can provide the equipment and tuition. I understand that the other place, Fossickers Rest is closed.

Thank you all for the welcome! And thank you Anolphart for the info - I will look into it! :)

Latest posts