Newbie from South brisbane

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls,
My name is Anthony and I've always had the love of different types of rock/gems/crystals/gold etc. Its not until resently I've been researching about gold prospecting. As everyone would love to I've always wanted to find gold. I've always been an outside person and love exploring new places all the time, mainly rivers/streams/forest/beaches and so on.
Anyways Ive joined this forum to mainly find out more information about gold prospecting and what's the needs that you need to start prospecting, as a beginner?

Also if I was wanting to buy a metal detector for gold prospecting what are your recommendations on the cheaper side of metal detectors?

Thanks
Anthony :)

Hi thanks guys.
Need some help with choosing a decent metal detector under $300. I mainly want it to be looking for gold and jewellery/lost items.
Mainly will be searching beach for jewellery/lost items and for gold around bushland, streams etc
Any help would be good
Thanks

Gudday Anthony,

I don't know much about metal detectors as I am also new here and just got back from trying mine out for the first time. I ahve a Garrett. Not sure what model, but it cost me $150 on ebay. Check them out.

Hey dr :),
Oh ok very nice. I've checked them out just recently. I'm guessing the one you bought was the garret 150.
How did you go trying it out?

Latest posts