Newbie from Lower Chittering WA dropping in to say Gday.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im new here and just starting out. I am starting with Minelab Vanquish 540 for Relic hunting and learn the ropes and I am already looking at Equinox 800 for gold hunting in the future.

Greetings Brad.... we're all here somewhere or other.... lots to see and learn from right here.
:D

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Can anyone offer some advice on Nox 800? Should I get 6 coil

If you're serious about getting gold you should get a PI machine. SDC22300 is a great starter.

Thanks Dave79, I think they are around $4000.00 mark arent they? Im just tooling around at the moment, learning what I can where I can. Not sure if I want to go there just now, perhaps a little further into my journey, just starting to dabble in gold, want to stick to around $2000.00 mark. Food for thought though, thanks for your input mate, appreciate it?

I've had an equinox 800 for a couple of years now with the standard coil and the 6" and it's pretty frustrating to use in gold mode in any sort of mineralized ground. I'm not much of a gold prospector but whenever I put mine in gold mode I seem to dig up way more red and black rocks than non-ferrous targets.

Latest posts