Coffs Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

New member here on the Coffs coast, I have been wanting to get into prospecting since catching the bug after spending a few days at my brother in laws Opal lease in Lightning ridge, I know on the Coffs Coast we don't have anything like that but was considering getting the permit and hunting goldin the state forests. Do you think this is a good idea or should I perhaps hit the beaches for random finds? I am looking at getting a minelab Equinox 900 unless anyone has a better idea.

Hi Guys

New member here on the Coffs coast, I have been wanting to get into prospecting since catching the bug after spending a few days at my brother in laws Opal lease in Lightning ridge, I know on the Coffs Coast we don't have anything like that but was considering getting the permit and hunting goldin the state forests. Do you think this is a good idea or should I perhaps hit the beaches for random finds? I am looking at getting a minelab Equinox 900 unless anyone has a better idea.
Why not try a bit of both?
Hit the beaches & do some gold fossicking in the State Forests too.
Chasing a bit of gold can be as simple as using a cheap pan & shovel. Doesn't need to be an expensive hobby but if getting an Equinox 900 there's no problem in using that for both either.

Latest posts