New prospecting equipment.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new on this site so apologies in advance if I write something that seems glaringly obvious to you more experienced folk. I've spent this winter developing a few new pieces of prospecting equipment (sluicing,classifying) and while I haven't invented the wheel ,I think I've made it a bit rounder,if you get my drift. The piece of equipment that's most interesting is a portable self classifying gavel and coarse scoop modelled along the lines of one of those manual dredges made from pvc piping. Initial testing shows that it works great and saves a lot of time moving material from one place to another,classifying and buggering your knees and back up.Im looking for someone(in the Sydney region) who would be willing to take me to a gold bearing location with predominantly -20 gold to give it a genuine trial to access its true recovery rate...you can keep the gold we find,I just wanna get a proper field test done. If you're interested please message me. Show me the colour...!!

Edit: contact number removed as per forum rules.

G'day SIlversurfer.
Get up to 10 posts and you can send and receive private messages. Will make it a lot easier to communicate with other members and get something orginised.

I'm from the Lake Macquarie area if that suits you.

Thanks for the replies so soon. Yes nucopia, the Lake Macquarie area sounds accessible. I've got family in the Morriset area. If your willing to lead the way I'm more than happy to fuel your vehicle up for the day and I'll even bring the beers...! All I want is a decent testing ground and fair and critical feedback from someone with knowledge and experience. Having said that I'm 95% sure my invention will work. Cheers.

Oh.....and if there's anyone out there that is skilful at welding.......I've got a gravel shovel design that is probably patentable that will put everything else I've seen on the market to date to shame...lol. Again , if interested please let me know.cheers.

Yes thanks Ivo. I done a stack of research on that region and the Turon. I'm hoping to head out to somewhere a bit discrete so I can test it out without a lot of prying eyes. I kinda need to be stealth about it until I can get confirmation that it's patentability.( inventive step). Last thing I want is those bloody yanks stealing our ideas...lol. But thanks for the advice.

Sounds good Mudgee Hunter. Keep in touch,we could be on to something. ....! And actually I'm really interested in that Meroo creek area. I've read that you can still get good colours up that way.

Thanks mate. I've really got the gold fever sickness badly....!! And it'll only get worse when I try out 'The Collector'....!

Ha, the pups are getting excited, they know when we are going out there!
Brown slipperies might be an issue. Always take a good slow walk around. They usually are dosile and sun baking early in the morning. But fast as once it heats up during the day.
Time to get digging!

Mudgee Hunter, you are not wrong about the bloody snakes! I went for a bit of a walk along a trout stream this morning to get an idea of water levels and to spot a few fish also to get an idea of the hatch (General Trout Streams open @ midnight tonight) and I almost stepped on a tiger snake going in and then came close to putting my hand on one on the way out that was holed up having a bit of a bake on a tuff of grass. They were both pretty docile really, I don't think I scared them too much, so we're both happy for me to keep on my way, it's actually a misnomer that tiger snakes are outright aggressive, still don't like the idea of getting bitten. I was silly enough to not have a snake kit on me too, I keep one in my fishing rucksack and one in with my prospecting gear all the time but because I wasn't actually fishing this morning it escaped me.
I don't see as many Tiger's up on the Turon, but see heaps of Black snakes, those buggers seem to love the water. I was at Coles Bridge last summer and seen one cross right in front of a young fella while he was squatting down panning (like 20 cm from his pan!) he walked on the water like Jesus he moved so fast.

Yes AussieChris,very timely advice as we enter snake season. I'm getting myself a pair of those waterproof/snakebite resistant boots from a company in the US. I think they start at around $150 for a good quality pair...but worth every cent in my opinion.

1506660050_gumboot.jpg

I'll sell you a pair of these for $150 ;)

Latest posts