New Minelab detector ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
goldwright said:
Yeah being announced in the UK first, will be a new CTX for sure.

There's not really any reason for Minelab to bring out a new CTX - it's effectively in a market of one as things stand. The only detector offering any real competition at that level is the Deus, which wins hands down for lightness/ergonomics, but falls well short of many sophisticated CTX features.

I think what Minelab could very well do, with minimal R&D costs, is introduce an ultra-compact version of the Sovereign GT, perhaps modelled on the new GM1000 package. Their BBS technology is languishing at present, but is still far ahead of their competitors in many respects. Repackage, slimming it down, add a colour display and bingo: instant winner! With the CTX remaining pre-eminent at the top of the tree.

Awww Grubstake. 8.(

Lol

davent said:
What about a no frills ZED?
No integrated GPS, and 2 modes, difficult, and normal.
Trim it down to something like a 4500 box set up, and sell for $5-6 k.

That's probably do-able, but from a marketing standpoint a machine like that would cannibalise sales of the GPX5000 and if it was a dedicated gold machine like the Zed, a UK treasure festival wouldn't be the best venue to try and make an impact when introducing it to the market. But maybe it's possible to redirect the Zed's technology towards ancient artifacts/deep treasure hoards/battlefield relics, etc. - the big northern hemisphere market that the GPX4800 was supposedly aimed at? Hmm...

grubstake said:
CTX - it's effectively in a market of one as things stand. The only detector offering any real competition at that level is the Deus, which wins hands down for lightness/ergonomics, but falls well short of many sophisticated CTX features.

people say that, but its effectively no better at finding stuff, than the Deus is.

grubstake said:
davent said:
What about a no frills ZED?
No integrated GPS, and 2 modes, difficult, and normal.
Trim it down to something like a 4500 box set up, and sell for $5-6 k.

That's probably do-able, but from a marketing standpoint a machine like that would cannibalise sales of the GPX5000 and if it was a dedicated gold machine like the Zed, a UK treasure festival wouldn't be the best venue to try and make an impact when introducing it to the market. But maybe it's possible to redirect the Zed's technology towards ancient artifacts/deep treasure hoards/battlefield relics, etc. - the big northern hemisphere market that the GPX4800 was supposedly aimed at? Hmm...

Yeah, more of a wish from me than speculation of what's coming,lol.

I have just spoken to someone who is going to the Oxford Conference in England where the new Minelab machine is going to be released,looks like it is going to be a coin/relic machine :p no surprise really being released in the green fields of European history.

I have only purchased one new machine in my 4 years of swinging being my very trusty little Teknetics Delta 4000 which has paid for itself over and over again.

Anyway I have been trying to convince myself to upgrade to the top so maybe a pre-order for my 2nd new machine is on the way :D and I am more than happy to wait just a little bit longer :)

I cannot wait for more details,my mouth is starting to water :cool:

Minelab :Y:

The bloke I spoke to yesterday who is going to the release of the new Minlelab detector in England at the Oxford Metal Detecting Conference is also going detecting at an old Roman sight while in England :cool:

The release date of the new Minelab is in September sometime he told me :party:

Happy days :)

Latest posts