New Member PDU

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me join this forum. Just a bit about myself, I'm a Pom, and moved here (Mid North Coast) about 10 years ago, with my wife Wendy and Son Tyler, He would rather play his Xbox then swing a detector though. (Sound familiar anybody??) It was the best thing I ever did for our family though, move to this beautiful country.
I've been metal detecting for only about a year now but feels a lot longer and I absolutely love it, my only regret is that i didn't get into this hobby in the UK.

Some of you may of heard of me from my YouTube channel??? I have been doing metal detecting videos, DIY, and just recently I bought myself a DJI Phantom Drone, so I have made a couple of videos with that, Please feel free if you have a spare five mins to go check out some of my vid's.

Oh!! and i'm NOT monetized by the way, I have been doing this purely for pleasure.

Anyway, I am looking forward to poking around this site and getting to know some of you.

Thanks Again Glyn. AKA Pommy-Down-Under. :cool:

Gday PDU! Unfortunately, no, I hadn't seen your vids but kniw what ill be doing tonight!

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you've joined, already just from a quick peek at your vids I can see you well and truely have had the bug for a while :D Can I ask what the 'Global Detection Adventures Protecting the Worlds Treasures' is?

Are you going to get back to the UK and attempt a dig one day?

AtomRat said:
Gday PDU! Unfortunately, no, I hadn't seen your vids but kniw what ill be doing tonight!

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you've joined, already just from a quick peek at your vids I can see you well and truely have had the bug for a while :D Can I ask what the 'Global Detection Adventures Protecting the Worlds Treasures' is?

Are you going to get back to the UK and attempt a dig one day?

Hey mate,
Yes I would love to get back to the UK in a couple of years to have a poke around. lol

Global Detection Adventures was a new forum that a few of us setup nearly a year ago, it is still going "just" but everybody has just lost interest and drifted away, I know first hand how hard it is to keep these forums going, anyway it has come time for me to move on and that's why im here.

Thanks Glyn

Pommy-Down-Under said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me join this forum. Just a bit about myself, I'm a Pom, and moved here (Mid North Coast) about 10 years ago, with my wife Wendy and Son Tyler, He would rather play his Xbox then swing a detector though. (Sound familiar anybody??) It was the best thing I ever did for our family though, move to this beautiful country.
I've been metal detecting for only about a year now but feels a lot longer and I absolutely love it, my only regret is that i didn't get into this hobby in the UK.

Some of you may of heard of me from my YouTube channel??? I have been doing metal detecting videos, DIY, and just recently I bought myself a DJI Phantom Drone, so I have made a couple of videos with that, Please feel free if you have a spare five mins to go check out some of my vid's.

Oh!! and i'm NOT monetized by the way, I have been doing this purely for pleasure.

Anyway, I am looking forward to poking around this site and getting to know some of you.

Hi Mate,

Where on the Mid North Coast r u?

Cheers and welcome

Welcome to the forum Glyn, I have seen a few of your you tube clips, especially like the unboxing of the Deus. Some guys on the forum thought I was actually you, as I had the same issues as yourself when purchasing a Deus here in Oz. Francois got me sorted in the end, she was good to deal with. :D

By the way, the silver 50c coin you found was a cracker. :)

Goldpick said:
Welcome to the forum Glyn, I have seen a few of your you tube clips, especially like the unboxing of the Deus. Some guys on the forum thought I was actually you, as I had the same issues as yourself when purchasing a Deus here in Oz. Francois got me sorted in the end, she was good to deal with. :D

By the way, the silver 50c coin you found was a cracker. :)

Hey Buddy, Glad to here you also got sorted out, Whoops was Francois a chick???? lol lol lol Think I might of offended her then because I thought it was a bloke, lol, never mind I got my Deus's now.
Thanks for the welcome mate, and thanks for watching my Tube Vids. Happy Hunting. Glyn.

eadesy77 said:
Pommy-Down-Under said:
Hi Guys,

Hi Mate,

Where on the Mid North Coast r u?

Cheers and welcome

Hi eadesy77,
Thanks for the Welcome, I'm Just south of Port Macquarie a place called Laurieton

Hey Thanks mate, I think I need to get a few Posts up first, which is cool, and i'll put some up and any future ones.
Cheers Buddy Thanks for the welcome and thanks for watching my vids. Cheers Glyn.

rocketaroo said:
I subbed awhile back, and enjoy your vids :)

Good on ya Greg, Your the one that's been watching them???, lol.
Why didn't you tell me about this awesome forum? was it a need to know basses, lol.
Thanks Greg for the welcome, im looking forward to looking around here. Cheers Glyn. :cool: