New Fluid Bed Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see any water flowing underneath into the concentrate catch area. My understanding is that you need 2 separate flows of water to run a fluid bed sluice. Fast flow over the top and steady-slower flow into catch area. This difference in flow rates allows the gold to drop out into the box. The fast flow separates the rocks gradually and allows larger rocks to be kicked off the top and away, the slower flow beneath keeps all concentrates in a fluid state (the same as when you swirl a gold pan) allowing all gold to drop to the bottom.
There may be a flow underneath this one, I didn't see it. Good mobile size thou if it does.

There are two chutes on the bottom of it.
They are the angled pieces on each side as you can see the inlet holes
briefly when he lifts the access hatch.

Not a bad litte machine but would be crap for any clay.. mabey I'm not an 'intelligent digger' or I just don't like to waste time as well with seiving while digging. It would work great as a sample sluice though

If I were to use a bazooka / underflow I'd at least give it some length. Its the blokes little trade line that old sluices and machines don't work..when they really do and he just wants sales :)

Brumble-Gum said:
I didn't see any water flowing underneath into the concentrate catch area. My understanding is that you need 2 separate flows of water to run a fluid bed sluice. Fast flow over the top and steady-slower flow into catch area. This difference in flow rates allows the gold to drop out into the box. The fast flow separates the rocks gradually and allows larger rocks to be kicked off the top and away, the slower flow beneath keeps all concentrates in a fluid state (the same as when you swirl a gold pan) allowing all gold to drop to the bottom.
There may be a flow underneath this one, I didn't see it. Good mobile size thou if it does.

Yeah at the end there are like two flanges coming out where they tell u to put the rocks to hold it, anyway, in one of the video's they were holding the sluice and moving it around, and at the start of those flanges are holes which to into the exchange box via holes in the side of the box inside.

Yeah Tim looks just like a bazooka but they call theirs an Aurora Sluice.

Facinating .......the water going through the grizz is the fluid bed feed... you getting the fever yet Cecc. Lol

Yeah mate....had the fever for years. Started the move today, to the storage area, have to be out by Thur, so getting it done. Be glad when it's over Yobs, hopefully in the next week, or two, will organise another trip aye?

If you have a look at this one, Larry Englehart shows the sluice at the back of his truck, you can see the holes coming in from the side to create the exchange and the lights flow out and the heavies sink to the bottom ready to be cleaned out. check out at 4.51 into the vid.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUuqEe0gts[/video]

I see them now on the side, very good.
For quite gravel separation and sluicing you can't go wrong with these inventions. Unfortunately clay goes over the top but with gravels it's the bomb.
I bought mine a few years ago when I lived in Qld, the Aussie dollar was on par with the US dollar.

Oh did u BG. Yeah they look good, but not good for clay as you say.

As I always say Jemba- so many great things out there just begging to be re-invented with modern technology and manufacturing. Plastic is over-used generally, but for an injection-molded thingamajig or dooflanga, hell you could whip out a dozen in a minute. I've been eyeing off the blue plastic sluices on fleabay- a good example of such tom-foolery.
Very soon I'm gonna make a house gutter cleaner- a pvc shovel on an extension handle that rolls the muck out the gutter and, hopefully, onto the ground- not your head. Sort of a twisted grader-blade, if you get my drift? Making the handle-joint rigid enough and with the right angle-of-the-dangle will be the tricky bit. :)

Tim said:
As I always say Jemba- so many great things out there just begging to be re-invented with modern technology and manufacturing. Plastic is over-used generally, but for an injection-molded thingamajig or dooflanga,

Mate that is so true.
1456383098_1476364148.gif

A very slick sales presentation.... sorting out the wheat from the chaff so as to speak he actually gave up some good information for us gold getters that when applied by anyone with ANY piece of equipment will get you more gold :/

Now, my other hobby is fishing and as any fisherman knows fishing lures catch more fisherman in the store than fish out on the beach, boat or river.

I'm not normally cynical but ... :rolleyes:

casper

PS: actually having said that i do have an idea for a mouse trap that will catch more mice :p

Im intrigued by this design. Looks good to me cecc but the money they want for them is way up there. Might be my next diy project. Cant have too many gold getting devices :lol:

One issue they might have is flushing material back out the water intake flutes. When the sluice is lifted out of the water the box drains back through these flutes which might take material with it. As the holes look elevated from the bottom of the box any backwash may not contain gold as this should be on the bottom but in any event if I was lifting it out of the water I wouldn't tilt it backwards like he did in one of the exploration vids. It looks like a nice little unit though.
Jon

Latest posts