New around here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys new into this game, and like to say hi. Thanks for the awesome site with great advise, got my first detector and hope to get out somewhere close to sydney. Still working out where to go, any tips? and far do you guys go from your car? Mrs is sort of keen, so might tag along.
Love camping and the bush, and crazy mad 4x4er

Welcome to the forum mate.

You've got a few places within reach such as Tuena, Sofala, Hill End and Nundle.

In terms of leaving your vehicle unattended, many guys prefer to travel a distance along the creek in hope of digging virgin or less worked ground.

All the best and I look forward to seeing you around the topics.

Cheers,
Nugget

the duck said:
Welcome to the forum hope we can be of some help glad to have you onboard what detector did you get?
Thanks mate, I got a GP3500, only have 11" DD atm so a mono might be the next buy.

Well you have the right tools now you have to find where they hide that stuff called gold its like an easter egg hunt but you dont have anyone to guide you in
Research and going out with or getting advice from people who have been doing it a while is very important
There are some very smart people on here who will be willing to help but get a few books under you belt first and first find out how and where and why gold is formed

G'day Taipan, Sunny Corner is only just past Lithgow, that's pretty much the closest Goldfield to Sydney. You probably already been 4x4ing through there. :)

Cool I'll look into it, haven't been wheeling out that far, mostly around wattagans. my truck got modified so much now it's a trailer only, and wheel at Milbradale up putty rd these days. Have not scratched up the tow rig yet but it's coming lol

Why doesn't have to be trailerd? Miss my fourbie a lot tb42 gq patrollwb 4 inch lift 36s bar work all round with heaps of extras. It used to love the limiter :)

liam1994 said:
Why doesn't have to be trailerd? Miss my fourbie a lot tb42 gq patrollwb 4 inch lift 36s bar work all round with heaps of extras. It used to love the limiter :)
Good reliable rig you had!
For starters I have 40" tyre and full hydraulic front & rear steerlist goes on

Yeah it was my daily haha. That is a valid point haaha not so much 40s just the steering I'm thinking of getting a trailer car soon but not a lot of places to do it! Good luck with your gold!

Yeah going to get out on Easter weekend, and hopefully find my first gold, either that or I'll be paying the GP off with scrap lead shot lol

Funny eh taipan?
Didn't expect to see you here . Surfboard factory to outback . Can never tell . Hope you find the info you need . Look up some of loamer/ Lbg posts . They should help you find marks in the floggedfield(goldfield) to help find that little piece. :) as long as you realise there is probably more gold in the Mobile phone in your pocket than you might likely find on many of your first outings . And accept that... You will enjoy yourself .. Best of luck ...

Kingsolomon said:
Funny eh taipan?
Didn't expect to see you here . Surfboard factory to outback . Can never tell . Hope you find the info you need . Look up some of loamer/ Lbg posts . They should help you find marks in the floggedfield(goldfield) to help find that little piece. :) as long as you realise there is probably more gold in the Mobile phone in your pocket than you might likely find on many of your first outings . And accept that... You will enjoy yourself .. Best of luck ...
Yeah same here, and I thought you where only into keeping exotic fish lol.
Yeah loamer knows his stuff, lots of good info.
I am going into this thinking I'm gunna get super wealthy lol, nah I'll keep my expectations in check. You do belive yowies exist right? :lol:

Latest posts