New Area. Is It A Waste Of Time?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in an area of country NSW where gold has never been found, apparently anyway.

Plenty of countryside around us, plenty of creek beds.

Would it be a waste of time and energy looking for gold here or would I be better just heading the couple hundred kms to known gold areas?

What would you do? :)

Ok see what you mean
Dunedoo
Gulgong
And S S/W of dubbo
Thats all that shows up on my map
However i would give it a go around your area then you can say been there checked that and found nothing
Or like me you will always be wondering if there is something there

i remember reading some where that you could pan almost any creek in australia and get some gold maybe only a very small amount of super fine stuff in some cases but gold. it is every where including the sea .
that would be a heck of a mission test pan every creek in the country .

johno

texta said:
i remember reading some where that you could pan almost any creek in australia and get some gold maybe only a very small amount of super fine stuff in some cases but gold. it is every where including the sea .
that would be a heck of a mission test pan every creek in the country .

johno

Optimism. I like it :Y:

Might have to invest in a sluice for home. Bring a few test buckets back from the creeks , which are very dry out here.

Upside said:
Might have to invest in a sluice for home. Bring a few test buckets back from the creeks , which are very dry out here.

Yep - test buckets , perhaps put a photo of the samples

Good luck

Gilgandra NSW is in the centre

1530091771_gilgandra_nsw.jpg

Latest posts