NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point i should get there midday Friday, are you blokes keen for glendora or town camp ? I like glendora for a night beep off lol.
As for fence wire it better be Warratah brand as i wont use anything else :lol:

Much better to walk into a fence full of Warratah Barbed wire than
staggering up the hill barking your knee caps off and mutilating your palms. 8)
Forgot about the Pub in town being close to the other caravan Park.
Better think about this a bit more. :D
I will just have to stock up a bit more if staying out of town. :rolleyes:

I will be there early on the Friday morning Aussie farmer and whoever else will be around. I will give a yell out on CH 25 around midday at Glendora /town area.

I had an epic walk from the pub to the HE town camp ground one night a few years ago when a large eastern grey decided he wanted to fight me in the darkness. Biggest adrenaline rush I have ever experienced.

RDD

RedDirtDigger said:
I will be there early on the Friday morning Aussie farmer and whoever else will be around. I will give a yell out on CH 25 around midday at Glendora /town area.

I had an epic walk from the pub to the HE town camp ground one night a few years ago when a large eastern grey decided he wanted to fight me in the darkness. Biggest adrenaline rush I have ever experienced.

RDD
Sounds good , you know you drank enough when you walk like a grumpy kangaroo. pmsl that kangaroo probably has a pouch full of nuggets he has taken from prospectors . I better not pack my grey jumper and pants then .lol .

I done my NAPHA membership today.
Weather forcast keeps changing its 70% of 1-5 mm fri and 60% of 1-5 mm sat now , hopefully it gets better by mid week. The wind is 15kph fri and 25kph sat so thats a bit ordinary at the moment.
Are both camp grounds reasonably sheltered for wind ?
Hard to get my swinging mojo on when its gusty.

Some areas of Glendora will be better than others in the wind. I'll be bringing a parka just in case! see you there.

stephen
NAPFA President

Is there anywhere at HE that u can use detector and pan close by. My daughter has injured ankle and walking is a struggle but we still would like to come along ;)

Hi everyone, I am keen to get into NSW and hit Hill end with all of you.
I have no means of transport to get to NSW, I know it's a super long shot but if anyone is heading to hill end from Victoria then I would pay my way for a lift.
I can't leave my partner and daughter without a car.
So if anyone has a spare seat and doesn't mind a yarn on the way lol then please let me know.
More than happy to pay 50/50 for fuel etc.
I have no restrictions as to when I leave or come home as I am currently on personal leave.
Thanks for reading guys and girls, if I can't get a lift up there then I wish you all good luck up there!!

Cheers Col

Hi chic378,
I am sure you will find some one who would be willing to help out. :) :)

Chic378 said:
Is there anywhere at HE that u can use detector and pan close by. My daughter has injured ankle and walking is a struggle but we still would like to come along ;)

Chic378 said:

There is a big section of nuggety gully at Tambaroora 2km north of the Hill End Pub (turn left just past old Chimney)where you can pan in numerous water holes and detect within a hundred metres. You can also drive through the common and pull up and detect next to your car in many spots. Plenty of people will be able to point you in the right direction.
cheers RDD

YellowFever said:
Hi everyone, I am keen to get into NSW and hit Hill end with all of you.
I have no means of transport to get to NSW, I know it's a super long shot but if anyone is heading to hill end from Victoria then I would pay my way for a lift.
I can't leave my partner and daughter without a car.
So if anyone has a spare seat and doesn't mind a yarn on the way lol then please let me know.
More than happy to pay 50/50 for fuel etc.
I have no restrictions as to when I leave or come home as I am currently on personal leave.
Thanks for reading guys and girls, if I can't get a lift up there then I wish you all good luck up there!!

Cheers Col

If u can find your way to Sydney i could take u out from there .

Got here at around 4:30
Setup in the town Camp ground. :) :)
Now having a few sherberts with the other members. :)
Would be good to catch up.

Did ya's cop the storm this morning? Hopefully it's all done now.
I don't think I'll make it out today - too much on & not enough weekends off work unfortunately. Still hoping to get out tomorrow morning if the heads ok after tonight. :lol:

It was a good weekend.. i am still there..
heading for home today as the weather has gone a bit crappy

Met a few more members..
even met tathradj ( doug ). It was a pleasure to met you Doug
Did you know he nearly brought all the auction items :lol: :lol:

And gee there were some bargains.

Cheers all

Latest posts