Mystery beach finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulmarr

Paul
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Here are a couple of items I'd like you to look over and see if you can identify them

item #1 - heavy and can't see any attachment points (lighter for scale)

D4F2DC6C-2CF4-4C26-B297-4F95F293FBEF_zpspf8cpjcj.jpg

586C0BDE-A982-4E01-97E9-210B7D48070E_zpsvnobe5yt.jpg

D56E103A-5FA8-48CF-AE9B-0EEC754041ED_zpsaklptk5k.jpg

Item #2 - unique figure
789EB9EC-9CA0-4A83-8B1F-1B59F70E51A8_zps5lsbuboq.jpg

Pic 1 looks like a old school pendant check for any indentations
On the edging
And no idea but it looks like a small brass nekkid ladie
With no arms cool finds mate
Gl hh drys :D

Pick 1 - two circular marks on the bottom side look like where a button loop has come away. Very fancy for a button, ruby or glass, that would be the question on my mind. A scratch test with some quartz would be a good start.

Pick 2 - as per dryhorrors description , with the addition that perhaps she is taking a crap and it is a potty training tool. Seriously though, am thinking maybe a gaming piece of some sort, what does the underside look like?

Hmmm, recess may have taken a cork, going to throw a Chinese opium bottle top in the ring, there was quite a theme for linking naked ladies and opium on merchandise in the 1800s. Can't say I have seen a bottle top like that though.

Might be worth cleaning the sand out with a needle to see if the recess looks like it has a purpose.

Pic 1 Looks like red sealing wax to me. The kind they usedvto melt then then stick the ring or seal in.. or dome kind of lid or bottle top. The red infill makes me think its to get some kibd of air tight fit if its a lid.

The figurine looks cool. Would make a great door knocker if it cleaned up alright

Great coupke of mystery finds

Cheers Tone

Found this on a beach in far nth Qld today the black rock is imbedded into some kind of white stone that floats......
1397048184_image.jpg

Latest posts