My new Whites SPP...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1421575178_20150118_175155__1421575018_101.114.39.21.jpg

Today I went out with my new SPP and I must say, I loved it. Such an easy and simple machine to use. It's light, ground balances without a problem and I'm glad I made the purchase.

I didn't find any gold, but did find a heap of trash (fuggets, which I mentioned in one of the videos) from about 8 hours of detecting, which you can see in the photo.

I also made 3 videos of it in action and uploaded them to YouTube. I noticed when I was trying to find some videos to watch in regards to the SPP out in the field, there weren't any, what so ever.

I'll continue to make and upload them when I can, so anyone who may be interested in buying one, can have a look at it working in the goldfields before they do.

Now, if someone can show me the gold bearing ground, that would be great. ;)

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/PKH8BVD8vAg[/video]

I dont own an SPP but my father in law does and iv been out with him and the SPP a few times now.

So based on my very limited experience with the SPP id say your only digging the screamers and grunters.
I heard Dean from GoldSearch in Dunolly tell my Father in law to listen for and dig the repeatable "murmurs".

Nice job on the vids we need more of the SPP on youtube.

I was definitely digging the louder targets mate, but I was also picking up the smaller signals as well.

My TDK headphones with volume control were working a treat.

I will have to look into some others coils though and also a shaft extension as its a bit too short.

Yeah sorry mate i completely overlooked those tiny bits in the photo,so going by that you will find gold soon.

All good LC76...

But I did just think, geez... Am I even going to be able to hear a signal from targets smaller than what I found today with this standard coil. :p

Yeah I've been talking to Zuke about them, I've definitely heard some good things about the razorback coils.

But I'll have to find some gold before my misses lets me spend any more money on the detector.

Great stuff Doc.

The SPP is a fine machine.

Dont worry too much about coils mate, its what keeps the coil boys in business....... you just need to walk over it and you will get it.

No one will believe me though!

;)

docjohnson9 said:
Metamorphic, you care to elaborate on the above mate?

Would love to hear your thoughts more in depth.

Doc, If you are not hearing it then its not there, If the targets are Deeper then you will hear them, I know of one person who found a piece of steel/Iron the size of a coke Bottle at over 4 feet/1200mm using the standard coil, so don't get sucked into that extra coil BS just yet,

You have a damn good detector there, Just because it did not cost $6000 means nothing, Enjoy it and Have fun, If your finding that stuff you will find Gold,

WTG Mate, and Congrats and Good Luck.

John

docjohnson9 said:

Many are obsessed with depth and thats what keeps the coil manufactures and Minelab in business. They claim a bigger coil is better, and all the better on the end of a 7k machine.

Now i have had this out with too many members over time and everyone knows my thoughts relating to this scenerio. Im not saying im right, its just what basic geology suggests to me.

I believe depth is denoted by to many variables.....what sort of ground?, what type, and how much mineralization is there to interfere with signals at great depths?

Size of coil, frequency of detector, technique used by operator etc etc.

You get the drill doc im sure.

I always say, buy a good machine and spend your time going over as much ground as you can rather than worrying too much about coils or spending 7 grand etc.

The SPP will ping it, if you walk over it mate....tune it well, know it inside out and you will get all the depth that our current detector technology allows!

Just my view on it anyway, i dont expect you to believe me mate.....most dont!

Regards ;)

Metamorphic said:
docjohnson9 said:

Many are obsessed with depth and thats what keeps the coil manufactures and Minelab in business. They claim a bigger coil is better, and all the better on the end of a 7k machine.

Now i have had this out with too many members over time and everyone knows my thoughts relating to this scenerio. Im not saying im right, its just what basic geology suggests to me.

I believe depth is denoted by to many variables.....what sort of ground?, what type, and how much mineralization is there to interfere with signals at great depths?

Size of coil, frequency of detector, technique used by operator etc etc.

You get the drill doc im sure.

I always say, buy a good machine and spend your time going over as much ground as you can rather than worrying too much about coils or spending 7 grand etc.

The SPP will ping it, if you walk over it mate....tune it well, know it inside out and you will get all the depth that our current detector technology allows!

Just my view on it anyway, i dont expect you to believe me mate.....most dont!

Regards ;)

I agree, been there done that, The Hand of Faith wasn't very Deep.

john

Im not a full blooded detectorist.....its part of my arsenal, but i prospect utilizing many different methods.

Because of this, im probably not qualified to speak about hard core detecting.

Wondering around in the bush with a coil does not make me enough money (unless im incredibly lucky) , but I still use one as part of my tool set.

As i see it, those who primarily use a detector to prospect would do well with a pick on specifically chosen ground to dig down to somewhere around bedrock and then test with a pan.

Once favorable, then pull the guns out with the big ammo (coil).

Just my opinion ;)

Latest posts