Philmore No: S38 Vernier Dial for Tdi Sl/Spp Ground Balance.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because I finally wanted to sort out my Tdi SL/SPP ground balance issue in hot ground I bit the bullet and purchased the Philmore S38 vernier dial. Simply pull of the ground balance knob and fit the vernier dial in its place. I positioned the dial so that when set to zero it has ground balance at six with adjustment all the way up.
This has been done before, the only diffence is that I wanted a FULLY REVERSIBLE installation. So the dial is screwed on and braced with a very firm packing foam that has been cut to place. It does not move and works well, again no permanent changes are made. I will use it on the goldfields and if I want to remove it then everything simply comes off and the original knob pushed back in place. The Philmore dial is smooth with just the right amount of resistance. When working hot ground it is worth installing the dial and swapping back to the original for beach work etc. All the best.

Attachments

• no1.jpg
    no1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • no2.jpg
    no2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • no3.jpg
    no3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • no6.jpg
    no6.jpg