My Fors Core hunts 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting coin worth 66 cents, 12 inches nice depth, deepest i got was a JD can and was as deep as the length of my arm prob 600mm, all the coins i've found were no more than 5-6 inches, but got ball sinkers size 4 down to 300-400mm, I'll give COG another go but been using DI2 after balancing in COG as it transfers over. Be looking forward to more beach reports and you findings for settings ;)

1.5hrs at the beach this evening, whole beach to myself, except for a few couples doing the romantic beach walk thing. Just a few crusty coins, but it cleared my head :)
1453111233_20160118_205335_001-1.jpg

back to no.1 honeyhole with old man RJ yesterday. I detected over turf, that we have covered many times, and pulled out 5 halves. Dug signals that I would usually leave, and 3 of them proved to be coins. It was a poor hit rate, they were nearly all junk, but if I didnt dig them, I wouldnt have 2 of the pre decs, and one BB. Hating the hot weather, I would be out now otherwise.

1453513116_halves.jpg

Nice Rocket, love pulling out pre decs, the crusty one i got the other day was 1917, I too still have lots of targets that i have left due to just cherry picking ;)

Still doing pretty good at the honeyhole Rocket, out of interest, what's the oldest coin that either of you have pulled from that spot? :)

beach hunt with RJ today. Another disppointing hunt, until the last 20mins, when I put the Core into general mode. All of a sudden the sand came alive, bobby pins, tent pegs, foil all hitting hard at depth. Shame I didnt try general mode earlier, it gives a constant hum, but spikes when it detects something. Anyway, I will use it for my next hunt, and see if the good finds start appearing.

Hey Rocket how did you have GM set up, did you change threshold etc, I tried it once and it drove me mad :lol:

Goldpick said:
Still doing pretty good at the honeyhole Rocket, out of interest, what's the oldest coin that either of you have pulled from that spot? :)

Mostly "modern" pre decs. Roo pennies etc with the odd Commy thrown in. My last trip with mate from out of town I got an 1873 penny. I believe that would be the oldest.

yep, sry I havent found anything pre 1900 there, it was originally swamp land.
General, I ran 30 threshold....on dry sand it was quiet, but buzzed on wet. I didnt try zero threshold (I will thx narawarra) admit that I dont know much about the mode.

Latest posts