My Fors Core hunts 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried my local goto spot today, it never really produces much, but its 5mins away, and can yield older pre decs. I need to get my fitness back, after being pretty sick, an hours detecting is about my limit :(. An hour in the old area yielded nothing, but 10 mins in the new playground provided some coins :)

1452323903_woodch.jpg

Done changing detectors, before I learn to master them. The Core will keep me going, but I do like deus, mainly due to its weight.

Detecting whilst being crook really sucks, some good dedication shown there Rocket. I once went detecting with a stomach bug and an unpredictable bout of diarrhea, wasn't best combination for beach detecting, miles from a toilet. :lol:

Hopefully getting out will help get your body on the mend, if not at least take your mind off things for a bit. :)

about 2hrs, same place as yesterday. 2 .925 thrips, few bucks, and an old bracelet. It looks copper, but rings up as 55 on the detector. I can see gold shining through between a few links, so I thought gold plated over copper. I rubbed an emery board over one link, that was completely green, and gold shines through. So, guess it could be gold....its too filthy to find a hallmark. The stones go a brownish color when they dry, deep green when wet....so they maybe paste, which means the bracelet its most likely plated at best?

1452415066_bracelet.jpg

Nice Rocket, 55? would plated really mask that much? i would of thought if it was copper it would ping a lot higher but gold doesn't tarnish, nice finds either way :cool:

Havinago said:
Nice Rocket, 55? would plated really mask that much? i would of thought if it was copper it would ping a lot higher but gold doesn't tarnish, nice finds either way :cool:

Its got me buggered, if I find a way to clean it, then I may get lucky and find a hallmark. I tend to think its junk, but the numbers are in the right slot for gold.

Brass maybe, not being funny but it might be a pet chain? the linkage is hard core if you get my drift :cool:

The stones maybe jade? someone like AR would be able to point in the right direction :cool: , I'd really like to know the outcome because like you rocket i think most of the stuff i find is junk but i wouldn't know if i had something valuable ;)

Nice Rocket, yeah I am with Paulmarr I have been getting alot of Brass US Collar Buttons about the size of a shilling and they ring 12-30 everytime and that is gold sovereign numbers. Even gold plated would not tarnish like that and when scratched brass is gold couloured.

Beach hunt today with RJ. We drove an hour or so, to find better weather, just a bit crazy I spose lol The tide was high, so we could only hunt where people wouldave sat. Got my scoop technique sorted, found signals in the sand are much narrower than in turf. Some finds were down a foot, dug a ton of foil, balls of it, and those juice lid foils are everywhere. Ran the Core in COG mode, with 85% sensitivity, default discrim is 40 in that mode, but I dropped it to 30. I enjoyed it, was nice to recover finds without kneeling down, and digging....my back isnt sore at all.
1452844963_beach1.jpg

Latest posts