My Epic Road Trip.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuskus

Marcus
Reaction score
Hey diggers,

Was so stocked a few weeks back I got to go on a road trip with the misses. We started in Sydney went to Hill End, Hargreaves, Windeyer, Mudgee, Dubbo and finally Stuart Town.

We left Sydney early friday morning and headed up the Bells line of Rd to get over the mountains and to the GOLD fields. A quick tip, stop at the pie in the sky shop at Bilpin, cant go wrong but make it early as a line out to to know where forms.

We got out to Hill End at around 2pm (enough time for a scratch) and to set up camp. I went to the good ol bedrock bar at the public fossicking area for a half hour pan and my only goal was to find GOLD in my first pan to show i know what I'm looking for. And yes i was successful.

The next next morning I woke early to have another play but due to overnight heavy rains (which was desperately needed) my hole was filled in. Not to worry, with my keen eye i was soon on to a better spot. i spent a few more hours there and then was back at camp for breaky and to set off on another adventure with the Minister of war and finance.

We did the usually thing around town, went to the museum, went to Bold Hill Mine, Merlins Lookout, and the rest. We spent another night camping and then off in the morning to a new area. We stopped in at Hargreaves and Windeyer along the way to Mudgee to have a test pan but only found a few flakes in each town as time and the massive lack of water was effecting my hunt.

We arrived in Mudgee for a few days so the misses and I could visit the wineries and eat some tasty food. I would highly recommend the trip if you love you food and wine like we do lol.

BANG!!!!! SHIT. Just F~+king clipped the rear end of a ute in Dubbo F~+k!!!

Lucky no damage to his car but ripped my front end pannel of like a band aid, he was a champ about the while thing to but the misses was a mess lol.
We made it to Dubbo zoo after about a 2 hour delay, car was still drivable and wow wasn't the zoo a great way to get my mind off what just happend. If you havenet been you need to put in on the list. Word of warning Drive or bike around the zoo as it is massive as our poor legs discovered.

Finally it was time to get back to the gold, we set of from Dubbo after a 2 night stay and set the GPS to Stuart Town. The camp ground there is just amazing but at this time of year it was deserted and this freaked the misses out but luckily she had me there to keep here safe hahahahaha. We set up camp over looking the Macquarie river which was just breath taking. We only spent a night there as we had to get back for that stupid thing we call work.

We spent about 4 hours at Stuart Town commons which to was as dry as a... you know what lol. There was barley a puddle to pan in but I still managed to pull some nice colour out of the ground.

This brought our trip to and end, we left town with our riches and headed for home. Along the way we stopped in at Orange for lunch and then made a Bee line for Sydney only to get stuck on the M4 for 2 hours, but hey how else do you know when your back in Sydney.

All in All it was a great trip and well worth all the hassle, and i even managed to get some of that yella stuff we all crave.

Ive got a few vids up on YouTube with more to come, check em out.

My pics are to big to upload, anyone know how to resize them???

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9VN2Pvxr8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC87vtGqHzuNKYfRzK6Qml-g

Kuskus, great write up, sounds like a great trip, apart from the touch up with the ute but it happens I guess, makes me want to get out there and do a trip mate, again great story and vids

Latest posts