My best day yet!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicko98

Nick
Reaction score
I got out to Oberon with the missus today. Last time I was out here I eyed up a new spot near one of the public areas.
I gave it a crack today and oh boy, by the end of the four hour session, the two of us managed to bag over 150ct of zircon, sapphire and spinel!
Biggest sapphire went 4.10ct, clear blue green parti-coloured. Biggest zircon 2.6ct but a bomb, we got a nice clear zircon at 1.1. We kept a few of the big pieces of spinel we found, the biggest going 8.3ct! We also got a few nice big chips of star sapphire, sadly thats all they were, nothing substantial ?
Photos to come (its dark outside now so I have no chance!)
Needless to say, Im looking forward to next weekend! Theres still good gems out there ?
Nicko

Hey Nick98

Look forward to seeing the pics as well, I was out Black Springs for the first time on Thursday,

Got a little bit of dirt/gravels for the kids to go through. Looking forward to finishing washing it.

Nice part of the world.

Scott

1542614047_fbf8055f-35ac-4a63-9247-c941e8fffdaa.jpeg

1542614047_a750369d-79b4-49ce-a56e-d09f8dd491e8.jpg

1542614049_fe2b533b-32fd-41ac-9bc3-bf32675891b9.jpg

Thanks for sharing, this is great to see, Fills me with some energy and hope going through the bucket of mud i have :)

That's a beautiful coloured sapphire. Gotta love it when the hard work pays off. :trophy:

That is one mighty fine sapphire. :cool: Sounds like you had a great trip.
:gemstone: :gemstone: :gemstone: :gemstone: :gemstone: :gemstone:

Well done mate, makes us want to get off our backsides and do the hard yards. :perfect:

I've been out there almost weekly for the last month or so! finding some decent stones too! It's awful, the more i dig and find, the worse my addiction gets!

Im surprised we have not bumped into each other yet. I live local and am also out there weekly. I will be back out there for a look tomorrow, if your keen to meet up and have a dig together sometime let me know Id be more than happy to. :Y:

Latest posts