Mountain Bike?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the future I plan on getting a 44 when my finances are more stable, but in the meantime was thinking of investing in a bike to get down the tracks I want to go :)

Interested to hear if anyone else does this
Cheers

Yeah I go on motor bike too sometimes... DR650... I was out yesterday actually.

I usually back pack the SDC, but yesterday I pulled the 4500 in half and put it in a larger backpack... worked a treat. I wear the pack but it sits on the seat behind me, so no weight on me as such.

I've also taken pan's etc in the past, in saddlebags.

1532733615_imag0952.jpg

NortheastGold said:
In the future I plan on getting a 44 when my finances are more stable, but in the meantime was thinking of investing in a bike to get down the tracks I want to go :)

Cheers

push bike or motorbike ? I used to in my younger years ride up to 28kms ish out to the goldfields on a pushy its funny when people see you ride threw the bog hole they are stuck in :p

Hunting the yellow said:
NortheastGold said:

Cheers

push bike or motorbike ? I used to in my younger years ride up to 28kms ish out to the goldfields on a pushy its funny when people see you ride threw the bog hole they are stuck in :p

Would be a pushy. Was thinking of taking just a pan, my fold up shovel and maybe my very light fluid bed sluice that can fit in a back back.

Hunting the yellow said:
NortheastGold said:

Cheers

in your younger years? you're not that old mate!

I tried bike riding once , but the track I rode had lots of up and downs.
The steep downs were fun not needing pedalling , but sometimes they were too steep and I dad to walk down them for fear of falling off my bike.

On the way back I was was very tired and even the slightest inclines I had to walk up.
There was times I was stopping every 1 minute for a 1 minute rest.

My future plan would be somehow to add an electric motor to the pushy to help when needed.
OR just not go that place again , especially I found zero gold.

I reckon.
I always wondered why BMW riders even fell over
in the main street when parking. :8
Get it slightly wrong and you are in trouble. yikes
I now know how. ]:D
But as I said, get out on the open road and man oh
man, Can this thing get.
Very comfortable and balanced.

NortheastGold said:
Hunting the yellow said:
NortheastGold said:

Cheers

Would be a pushy. Was thinking of taking just a pan, my fold up shovel and maybe my very light fluid bed sluice that can fit in a back back.

trust me carrying a sluice in a backpack is hard haha I used to just take a pan and often left my shovel at the place I was prospecting hidden and came back for it at a later time also a small pick is handy for many things getting into crevices and if you have an sdc 2300 detector with a small pick your pretty much set to go detecting anywhere as its water proof and compact to fit into the backpack. oh and a cut down plastic garden rake custom made to fit into the bag helps with all those leafs o the ground.

jamiealdridge said:
Hunting the yellow said:
NortheastGold said:

Cheers

in your younger years? you're not that old mate!

getting older :p and the old ticker isn't getting any better with age.

moeee said:
I tried bike riding once , but the track I rode had lots of up and downs.
The steep downs were fun not needing pedalling , but sometimes they were too steep and I dad to walk down them for fear of falling off my bike.

On the way back I was was very tired and even the slightest inclines I had to walk up.
There was times I was stopping every 1 minute for a 1 minute rest.

My future plan would be somehow to add an electric motor to the pushy to help when needed.
OR just not go that place again , especially I found zero gold.

haha try doing it every second day for 28kms at elevations of 500m and steep grades as 45 degz oh and trying to dodge kangaroos without going over your handle bars lol

A small quad can be reasonably inexpensive compared to a 4x4 but you need a trailer as well.

1532770503_getting_firewood.jpg

It comes in handy collecting firewood.

1532770552_on_the_quad.jpg

Or when you need to carry the crowbar and shovel.

1532770694_on_the_quad_2.jpg

You can always take a friend or two as well. We usually have 2 people, 4 detectors, picks, harnesses, spare batteries, water, snacks etc.

Latest posts