Missing Prospectors & Other Persons Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Court documents reveal why police allege Greg Lynn killed campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01...olice-allegations-against-greg-lynn/101867002
The evidence for the prosecution is definitely strong. At the end of the day the judicial process can for reasons unbeknown to most of us decide in favour of the defendant 🙄

Mod edit: Please let the law take its course. You're not doing the police and grieving families any favours by expressing your opinion here. This is just a committal hearing, the matter hasn't even gone to trial yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The evidence for the prosecution is definitely strong. At the end of the day the judicial process can for reasons unbeknown to most of us decide in favour of the defendant 🙄

Mod edit: Please let the law take its course. You're not doing the police and grieving families any favours by expressing your opinion here. This is just a committal hearing, the matter hasn't even gone to trial yet.
Rogee 👍

Methinks a crop is going to figure in this....
Nah given the extensive searching of the area conducted, would have been discovered or the remains of what was ? Plus I rented a house on the Dargo river in Dargo for years and with my limited horticultural knowledge, the area is far to cold. 🤔

Nah given the extensive searching of the area conducted, would have been discovered or the remains of what was ? Plus I rented a house on the Dargo river in Dargo for years and with my limited horticultural knowledge, the area is far to cold. 🤔
Might have been found and I doubt it is too cold - I find them regularly. It is a constant hazard (to life and limb) for my crews to keep coming across crops with unfriendly owners - I put coords on GPS so my guys don't go too close, some growers are gun-happy. Also when you see a sign on a tree next to a crop that says "Took your pump, sucker" it is time to leave to prevent misidentification. Strathbogies, Narbethong, Club Terrace and north, Great Barrier Island in NZ are pretty cool (although the island is warmer). Not all that bad a climate down in the Wonnongatta Valley unlike up on the ridges.

Came across a guy tapping into the cross-island phone line while with students on Great Barrier Island. Found he had no constant tracks into his crops, just GPS cords and used different routes in each time. I wondered why they invited him into camp that night for a drink, and found out next day that they got him drunk, asked to look at his GPS and wiped all coordinates. Suspect he was unhappy when he got over his hangover - students were laughing themselves sick (it is thick bush to navigate). Moved on quickly....

Might have been found and I doubt it is too cold - I find them regularly. It is a constant hazard (to life and limb) for my crews to keep coming across crops with unfriendly owners - I put coords on GPS so my guys don't go too close, some growers are gun-happy. Also when you see a sign on a tree next to a crop that says "Took your pump, sucker" it is time to leave to prevent misidentification. Strathbogies, Narbethong, Club Terrace and north, Great Barrier Island in NZ are pretty cool (although the island is warmer). Not all that bad a climate down in the Wonnongatta Valley unlike up on the ridges.

Came across a guy tapping into the cross-island phone line while with students on Great Barrier Island. Found he had no constant tracks into his crops, just GPS cords and used different routes in each time. I wondered why they invited him into camp that night for a drink, and found out next day that they got him drunk, asked to look at his GPS and wiped all coordinates. Suspect he was unhappy when he got over his hangover - students were laughing themselves sick (it is thick bush to navigate). Moved on quickly....
I know a bloke who was hunting Deer near Dargo about 25/30 years ago. He walked into a crop and was told in no uncertain terms to make himself invisible, they also had a dredge working the creek. Not sure exactly the time of year nonetheless it holds potential for finding yourself in an unsafe situation.

I'm of the same opinion as you Diginit, if a crop was present it would more than likely have been found in the initial and subsequent searches for Russell Hill and Carol Clay.

I know a bloke who was hunting Deer near Dargo about 25/30 years ago. He walked into a crop and was told in no uncertain terms to make himself invisible, they also had a dredge working the creek. Not sure exactly the time of year nonetheless it holds potential for finding yourself in an unsafe situation.

I'm of the same opinion as you Diginit, if a crop was present it would more than likely have been found in the initial and subsequent searches for Russell Hill and Carol Clay.
Not sure why you think it was not found.....watch this space. I would have expected a number to have been found. In some places the growers smile and wave once they have got to know me - you think no police see them? I keep mum, not sure which might be the greater risk.....

Not sure why you think it was not found.

I base it on the police have revealed they had the persons home and vehicle bugged for over twelve months. That along with search (being conducted also by many other than just police involved, even family) If the killings had taken place over anything related to this, I certainly could not understand for any reason why it would be omitted from the findings? You can't shut everyone up and it has had years to come out also ? For my money as the daily news displays, in the current climate it does not take much to push many over the brink. Some do not even need a reason unfortunately, perhaps it was simply a man who being a pilot had lost his world due to Covid? But one must stress here, as yet it has not even been decided if there is enough evidence against the man to take him to trial much less convict as guilty at this point in time?

Last edited:
Not sure why you think it was not found.....watch this space. I would have expected a number to have been found. In some places the growers smile and wave once they have got to know me - you think no police see them? I keep mum, not sure which might be the greater risk.....
Happy to watch this space, sounds like you are privy to information on the subject. Either way as Diginit replied, as a brief of evidence for the purpose of a committal hearing if it is/was the purpose for such violence I'm inclined to think it would have surfaced as evidence. Rather than concealed to be introduced at a later stage, just saying.

At the end of the day, crops are grown all over the joint. It's not the primary reason/purpose of the thread, everyone is right either way 🍻

Not sure why you think it was not found.

I base it on the police have revealed they had the persons home and vehicle bugged for over twelve months. That along with search (being conducted also by many other than just police involved, even family) If the killings had taken place over anything related to this, I certainly could not understand for any reason why it would be omitted from the findings? You can't shut everyone up and it has had years to come out also ? For my money as the daily news displays, in the current climate it does not take much to push many over the brink. Some do not even need a reason unfortunately, perhaps it was simply a man who being a pilot had lost his world due to Covid? But one must stress here, as yet it has not even been decided if there is enough evidence against the man to take him to trial much less convict as guilty at this point in time?
Perhaps. My only reason for the comment was that I am surprised that many were not found in such a large area of search, as I am forever finding them. And maybe he was just annoyed at the drone noise as police say, and not at it taking photos. And no priors have been mentioned. And yes, we should allow that it is still a committal hearing.

Last edited:
To use a very common phrase - “ Please Explain?”. The accused is on trial for …….. so how is this delayed due to his financial circumstances? Own a home, sell it, got super, delve into it . Otherwise the govt can appoint a lawyer.

Latest posts