Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a double check and I think I had it about face , the powertech ones came with the machine , the set I bought were Tenergy so HTY is spot on they have been excellent. Tenergy sets of 4 are still on EBay $40 incl postage and I can highly recommend. Otherwise Phase Technical a site sponsor has others for sale now I reckon and as you are in SA he could be worth contacting.

Cheers

Thanks Bacchus,

I have AccuPower 6000 mah C Cells, and 4500 mah in Low Self Discharge. The 6000 mah ones are good for 9hr plus run time. The 4500 mah get the same run time as the stock batteries, but don't lose capacity between charges, so are a good set if you only get out occasionally. Both versions have the wider flat + terminal.

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/c-cell-nimh-6000-mah-suit-minelab-sdc-2300/

Redfin said:
Roverrock said:
Thanks guys for all the info ,Ive just ordered a set from PhaseTech as hes probably tested them out on the ground so ill be given them a go.

Good decision, no use putting retreads on a Ferarri.

Did you know Jumbo Airplanes land on retreads?

I've been using the 9v Accupower batteries in my pinpointer, they last for plenty of time. My pinpointer gets some very heavy use while treasure hunting.

I know a fella who runs 2 long batteries in an adaptor case for the 2300.
Think he said they are available from finders keepers in Kal.

i hav just swung the SDC for 4 weeks in WA with the 18650 battery`s and the std battery`s and theres NO performance differance

So thats 2 x 3.7 volt 18650 lithiums vs std batterys

Dave

I have used the red ones 10,000 mah $14 for 4 from china. I used them this season and last season in W.A. They worked great and have the bigger terminals and have not shut the 2300 down once, will continue using these.

peterau said:
I have used the red ones 10,000 mah $14 for 4 from china. I used them this season and last season in W.A. They worked great and have the bigger terminals and have not shut the 2300 down once, will continue using these.

Sounds like I better get some, before I do can you give an indication of run time being double the recommended mah I'm curious.

cazalla said:
I remember seeing those 10,000 mAh ones on ebay when I first bought my 2300 but I read they're not truely 10,000 so I opted for something else as I didn't want to put cheap chinese batteries into a machine worth a few grand.

I use the original ones and I also use the Dick Smith 1.2V 4500mAh NiMH rechargables.. a pack of 4 was like $7 from memory during their closing down sale, I bought something like 10 packs because the price was that good, have enough C batteries to last maybe a fortnight if I want to go out detecting that long. Not sure you can find the same batteries at the same price nowadays though so doesn't really help you much. If you search the forum, this topic has come up before so you might find some good info buried deeper in the forum.

Not sure if everybody knows but all batteries come from china or similar countries especially DICK SMITH products
Dick sold out because he couldn't stock Australian made
Duracell made in china
Energizer made in Singapore
Quality countries only make special batteries and they are worth a fortune
So don't be scared of it because it is made in china, everything is made in china these days

10fp said:
i hav just swung the SDC for 4 weeks in WA with the 18650 battery`s and the std battery`s and theres NO performance differance

So thats 2 x 3.7 volt 18650 lithiums vs std batterys

Dave

Yes and their shouldn't be any difference because as far as I'm aware, all Minelab gold detectors since the GP extreme have had their input voltage regulated.

B5MECH said:
So don't be scared of it because it is made in china, everything is made in china these days

The quality varies and it's fair to say you're more likely (but not always) to get a better quality product despite being made in China when an Australian company is putting their name on their own product, but if you want to opt for the cheapest Chinese batteries out there, that's your call.. iPhones are made in China too but that doesn't mean a cheap knock off Chinese phone is of equal quality.

That all sounds good until my brand new duracell ultra's shite themself, last pack of ten had 2 rejects in them purchased from Coles*****
Batteries aren't Chinese knock offs, the design isn't patented
Obviously there is poor quality ones like varta batteries sold at Bunnings*****and many other Australian companies
There is a reason china is a super power because they supply the world with everything
You can also buy crap products that are made in Australia
I think you'd be surprised at how many products have been made in A..... country but are full of Chinese parts and they won't tell you that

10fp said:
i also used a set of Varta`s from Bunnings as another spare set and they were fine also

Dave
The vartas are duds 2 hours in my head light and they start dulling
Try PERFORMER HI-PERFORMANCE AA's from kmart they last heaps longer an 18pkt lasted longer than a 30 pkt of varta
cheapest hack batteries I can find local that last
I don't use them in my detector as my pedistool doesn't allow them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just my head light

Latest posts