Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacchus said:
For interests sake I tested half a dozen sets of earbuds / earphones / headphones as I do not like the supplied UR 30 set which came with the SDC and found if you have the $ a borrowed set of Sunray Pro Gold gave the best performance but as I wear glasses any over ear phones get a tad uncomfortable after a while so I looked for the best buds I could find within reason. My backup is an under chin Jack Lange set which also work well. Personally I could not go back to being tethered to the machine now

For the record Mbasko was the first to find the Avantree set so cudos to him.

Cheers
I ordered the avantree bluetooth twin pack off ebay today . Where did you get those earbuds from ? Ebay also ?

Stonekicker said:
Bacchus said:
For interests sake I tested half a dozen sets of earbuds / earphones / headphones as I do not like the supplied UR 30 set which came with the SDC and found if you have the $ a borrowed set of Sunray Pro Gold gave the best performance but as I wear glasses any over ear phones get a tad uncomfortable after a while so I looked for the best buds I could find within reason. My backup is an under chin Jack Lange set which also work well. Personally I could not go back to being tethered to the machine now

Cheers
I ordered the avantree bluetooth twin pack off ebay today . Where did you get those earbuds from ? Ebay also ?

Yes Earbuds are still available on EBay $80 , just re read post and I did not post correctly the brand is Havi , the buds are dual driver pro 3.

Cheers

Bacchus said:
Stonekicker said:
Bacchus said:

Cheers

Yes Earbuds are still available on EBay $80 , just re read post and I did not post correctly the brand is Havi , the buds are dual driver pro 3.

Cheers
Rightly or wrongly i have gone for the below chinese ear buds instead .

100% Genuine Xiaomi 4th Generation Piston Hybrid Dual-Driver Earphone w/Mic AU
Item price AU $39.95
Quantity 1
Item number

32 OHM should be fine , I am no expert but they look good to me. Whether it be luck ,growing experience or the earbuds I have had most success with this type of setup , not to mention the increased comfort and being able to wear a wide brim hat in summer

Good luck

Hey Stonekicker, those buds look and sound ok, ordered a set today, will use with the phase tech wireless gear both on 5000 and the 2300, I'll post how they go and sound. Have the jack Lang ones but halvn't used yet so can't comment. Using a set from Qld Sandy at Charters Towers, however find them a little noisy even with an inbuilt vol. control.

Leroy said:
Hey Stonekicker, those buds look and sound ok, ordered a set today, will use with the phase tech wireless gear both on 5000 and the 2300, I'll post how they go and sound. Have the jack Lang ones but halvn't used yet so can't comment. Using a set from Qld Sandy at Charters Towers, however find them a little noisy even with an inbuilt vol. control.
Yeah ear buds arrived & although i have only had a chance to play around using them for a couple of hours , they seem to work real nice . Partnered with the avantree wireless setup like Bachus has , all seems to work very nicely .

Yes Stonekicker, they do sound very sharp. I was wondering what the little switch business is on the lead and how it works, I notice that you can push the little buttons in but it doesn't seem to adjust the sound in any way. Personally though I'm very happy with them and looking forward to using them on the 2300 with the wireless setup.

Leroy said:
Yes Stonekicker, they do sound very sharp. I was wondering what the little switch business is on the lead and how it works, I notice that you can push the little buttons in but it doesn't seem to adjust the sound in any way. Personally though I'm very happy with them and looking forward to using them on the 2300 with the wireless setup.
Hmm , not too sure . That is for microphone when using with phone but maybe more . Will play with some more if it doesnt flood later in the week .

Thank you Stonekicker, yes I plugged it into my phone and if you hit (loud speaker) it works like a treat (hands free), it would be interesting to know if those buttons do something else,please let me know if you find something. I did find out the exact phones can be purchased from HK. For $5.99 free post so I went ahead and ordered. It doesn't hurt to have a spare set at that price.

Leroy said:
Thank you Stonekicker, yes I plugged it into my phone and if you hit (loud speaker) it works like a treat (hands free), it would be interesting to know if those buttons do something else,please let me know if you find something. I did find out the exact phones can be purchased from HK. For $5.99 free post so I went ahead and ordered. It doesn't hurt to have a spare set at that price.
Just be aware that they may be fakes , but at that price i guess worth a punt

Leroy said:
Useful to watch this regarding the fakes .
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pQokFD0QyDU

Hey all,

Received a couple sets of the Deteknix new "pro" wireless headphone. These are a full size headphone with built in wireless receiver, and the wireless transmitter is the same as on their other systems. I've given them a quick run on the SDC (just plug transmitter into my adaptor) and I'm initially impressed. Clear sound, good volume, comfortable, removable head band, volume control (for detectors that are too loud).

I'll report more when I get some more time on them, but so far so good.

1474333744_w6_pro_2.jpg

Nenad

Yeah they should work on anything as with the other 2.4 GHz set-ups, but I'll do more testing.

I spent yesterday out with my sdc and wireless set up, and all I can say is 'AWESOME'. I was out for about 7 hours it all ran perfectly and NO delay, so pinpointing was easy.
Money well spent in my opinion.

Cheers,
Paul

So, I'm visiting my parents and thought I'd bring my sdc 2300 along to give it a go on the beaches for something to do. I've never been treasure hunting before, and given the 2300 can go into the water, I thought hitting the beach to detect the wet sand and dry sand might be fun.

First lesson of the day.. if it's a huge signal but not near the surface.. it's probably a coke can.. this was about 2 feet down by my guesstimate.

0BsK4ju.jpg

This is from my first time on the dry section of the sand.

3XSHMbe.jpg

The next day I hit the wet sand area of part of a lake and found some coins, but they were only newer 20c, 10c an 5c coins. A battery, lock, nails, bits of iron and bottlecaps too.

hnK7WBw.jpg

The next day and after a bit of googling, I hit the beach again at low tide and went down on the wet sand area. More coins this time, again only 5c coins but also a $1 coin.

UZGso6D.jpg

Deeper in the water I got some signals, but I found it just too hard to try and dig them up on my own. I've seen a special shovel you can make on youtube which makes it easier, so my plan is to get one of those made for next time. I'm convinced a good signal I got in the water was likely a platinum diamond ring!

Seriously though, I'm thinking about buying a treasure detector now to use on the beaches instead of the 2300 due to all the junk but i still need to do more research. Some of the smaller broken hooks I found on the beach were at foot down and the 2300 still picked it up albeit a tiny signal but it was noticable. Hooks at a bit of depth give off this barely noticable sound that you can notice if paying attention.. not that I want to find hooks, I just thought it was very interesting how it responded to it, not like anything else I've come across. Some of the coins were from 1/4 foot to a foot down but regardless of depth, you wouldn't miss the signal even quickly sweeping over the area, they stood out that much.

Latest posts