Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate sure have.. Its a bit of strange one as I first though it may have just been a touch issue but when it doesnt do it on non mineralised ground it has to be something else.

I have had the same problem with the batteries, put tape around them have had no worries, for a $4,000 detector I find it is pretty poor workmanship, bards :mad:

Keano said:
I to have dropped off my SDC this week for repairs.. For some reason it's giving false signals on any ground that is remotely hot!!?? And also the external speaker is down on volume!

The false signalling is really weird, I can wave it just off the surface and it's fine, however as soon as it touches the ground it signals its head off. Move it a couple of feet away from the hot ground and it doesn't signal at all! It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Well Sdc arrived back today and I'm not quite sure they will have rectified the problem, however I won't know until I can test it out. They put it down to a poor connection. Of what I'm not sure as it doesn't specify! Not sure how a poor connection would cause the machine to false on hot ground and not on quiet ground.. Only time will tell I suppose, but it's fare to say I won't be happy if it's not fixed. Also there was no mention of the speaker issue so I don't even know if they looked at it..

I will let you all know what the results are after I test it.

Keano said:
Keano said:
I to have dropped off my SDC this week for repairs.. For some reason it's giving false signals on any ground that is remotely hot!!?? And also the external speaker is down on volume!

The false signalling is really weird, I can wave it just off the surface and it's fine, however as soon as it touches the ground it signals its head off. Move it a couple of feet away from the hot ground and it doesn't signal at all! It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Well Sdc arrived back today and I'm not quite sure they will have rectified the problem, however I won't know until I can test it out. They put it down to a poor connection. Of what I'm not sure as it doesn't specify! Not sure how a poor connection would cause the machine to false on hot ground and not on quiet ground.. Only time will tell I suppose, but it's fare to say I won't be happy if it's not fixed. Also there was no mention of the speaker issue so I don't even know if they looked at it..

I will let you all know what the results are after I test it.

You should have got a written fault/repair report with it Keano with all repairs carried out and parts replaced ! Mine was posted to me with the machine , if you went through your dealer perhaps they have the report mate , worth a call to them if so

Cheers

Hey Bacchus,

That was off the report I'm afraid! The only other thing they mentioned was "Refit fully home all main PCB connectors"! I hope I'm completly off the mark and the issue is fixed, but it doesn't seem logical to me.

Hi Keano, It has been almost 3 weeks and I am still waiting, I actually emailed Minelab Service and tried calling them and I havent heard back. So far my experience hasnt been all that postivitve so I wont be impressed if it is returned with no fault found.

Rgds

Mark

tryhard1968 said:
Hi Keano, It has been almost 3 weeks and I am still waiting, I actually emailed Minelab Service and tried calling them and I havent heard back. So far my experience hasnt been all that postivitve so I wont be impressed if it is returned with no fault found.

Rgds

Mark

That's pi55 poor and just not good enough so much for customer relations

tryhard1968 said:

Rgds

Mark

Thats not good mate. I hope you can get a answer in the coming days. Fare to say Im not overly happy with the feedback I recieved either.

Rang Miners Den and stated that 3 1/2 weeks was unaceptable without even an update to the status of my SDC, funny that day ML repaired and air freighted my SDC back to me, squeaky cog does get oiled after all. ML ended up replacing my coil so I am looking forward to giving it a swing Saturday, I was starting to get withdrawel symptoms :|

However my battery issue was overlooked and they just sent the faulty cell back to me :eek: even tho I emailed them about the cell that leaked while cahrging. MD have kept and they are organising a change over for me. I was happy in the end with the service however the time and lack of commiunication was a concern, I work in the service industry and customer communication is so vital.

RGds

Mark

Ok now for the report on the SDC after having the coil replaced. Gave the SDC a good hammering yesterday in 32deg temp and had no issues, left it in the sun while I have lunch to really heat up and I had no false signals. Will keep testing over the next couple of weeks.

tryhard1968 said:
Ok now for the report on the SDC after having the coil replaced. Gave the SDC a good hammering yesterday in 32deg temp and had no issues, left it in the sun while I have lunch to really heat up and I had no false signals. Will keep testing over the next couple of weeks.

Great news Tryhard , now for the gold :D

Cheers

I would like to report that after sending my SDC back to Minelab again, as the problem was still there, they have decided to replace the unit. While I won't mention names on the forum, I would like to thank the staff of Minelab for taking the time to listening to my concerns and keeping the lines of communication open. I now look forward to hitting the grounds again very soon.

Just wandering if there is any type of booster available for use with the 2300 and headphones. I was out the other day and could not hear a thing with the extreme wind gusts. I was using the standard headphone that comes with the unit. I find the speaker near impossible to hear when it is windy.

Latest posts