Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
Forgot to ask, how old is your machine?

11 mths old Scrounger , just dropped it off so will keep you posted .

The machine itself is still operating as normal so thinking perhaps it is something minor in the external headphone plug , as you would know being a totally submersible machine it is a unique waterproof plug and not a standard 6.35 mm Jack so I guess you can't have it both ways , same goes for external speaker output.

Cheers

orgone500 said:
For a detector built for the military they seem to have a high failure rate.

G'day orgone500

Not sure re failure rate per unit sold , seems every second person I bump into has an SDC nowadays . Re your signature , I certainly would not change my choice of machine and envy the blokes living around the GT , in my cross border raids it has proven to be a bread and butter machine on the mullock heaps and will pay for itself.

Cheers

I've personally had no problems with my sdc and as most of you are probably aware i'm using it at least twice (often more frequently) a week and i'm not precious with it. It goes wherever i think there may be gold and since March i've worn through 4 skidplates it gets that hard a working :lol: :lol: Only problem i have had with my purchase is with the Koss headphones that died on me.

orgone500 said:
For a detector built for the military they seem to have a high failure rate.

Based on the bashing mine gets I'm surprised at how sturdy they are, no love and tenderness at my end, they can stand a bit of punishment.

Thunder & lightning at the weekend had almost all detectors "spiking" at some stage, with some GPZ users calling it quits (to many "spiking" incidents).

Cheers T.

Sending my SDC back tommorrow with I beleive to be coil issues, as soon as the coil gets hot from being in direct sunlight [on the 25+ ] days we have had it starts to burp and fart [almost sounds like the pre amp overloading] and the detector becomes unusable. If I place the coil in the shade and let it cool down it is fine until it is exposed to the sun and gets hot again. Went out to Creswick today and it was 100% perfect as the day was cooler. I have had the issue 2 weekebends in a row when we had the hot weather so I am convinced it is heat related. I am also claiming a new set of batteries on warranty as they are not built to spec as we all know of the issues with the detector restarting. I have tried wrapping tape around them to stop them moving in the detector however this has been hit and miss. I must admit for a $4000 detector built to military specs I am a little suprised with the issues people are having.

RGds

Mark

LC76 Did you get an RMA from Minelab? Mine is falsing like crazy, rang Minelab and they advised to send it back to them no RMA also at my exspense. Just wondering what you did with yours?

Andrew

Miners Den in Bendigo is where I purchased the detector so they took care of postage costs ect.

Minelab will look after you.
They will try to repair first then if that didn't work like mine I'm sure they will just replace your machine with a new one.

If it's a second hand machine then I imagine you would have to cover postage.
If you got it through a shop... Take it back to the shop and let them cover the cost.

Got my machine back courier delivered to my house yesterday , open circuit to the headphone plug which was replaced so a simple repair . Hope you get your issue sorted tryhard :)

Great to hear Bacchus, rang MinersDen today and they are expecting it back tommorrow :) just in time for the weekend. I have also asked for my batteries to be replaced under warranty.

Rgds

Mark

My battery's were loose enough to make it turn off and on again all the time and put tape around batteries and fixed problem,read it somewhere on a forum..

I to have dropped off my SDC this week for repairs.. For some reason it's giving false signals on any ground that is remotely hot!!?? And also the external speaker is down on volume!

The false signalling is really weird, I can wave it just off the surface and it's fine, however as soon as it touches the ground it signals its head off. Move it a couple of feet away from the hot ground and it doesn't signal at all! It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Latest posts